Cheated by an Omega Boutique- Silver Snoopy Waitlist Disaster

Posts
3,281
Likes
9,863
Sneaky sales people, who knew!

Maybe he thought, " A fool and his money......."
 
Posts
8,855
Likes
28,095
This thread reads like an advertorial for not buying into stupid nonsense from brands or salespeople.

That said, can I interest you in these magic beans?
 
Posts
10,068
Likes
57,375
Maybe this particular sales associate trained over at the Rolex Boutique? 😁 Don’t blame the brand, blame the guy. Seriously, sorry this happened to you. It doesn’t reflect well on the store’s management.
 
Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
This thread reads like an advertorial for not buying into stupid nonsense from brands or salespeople.

That said, can I interest you in these magic beans?
I was thinking more along the lines of bitcoin.
 
Posts
2,694
Likes
3,009
Thanks for the suggestion.

Right now, my name is still probably still on the waitlist, and if what the sales associate said is true that he managed waitlists himself, complaining about him to HQ would definitely get me off his list.

Who knows, I may still get an allocation a year or two down the road.
This is why I didnt reveal much details, such as which OB in which major city in EU.

For now, I am just a little annoyed being lied to by Omega staff, and I hope to keep Omega forum members aware, and hopefully no one else falls for the same textbook salesman trick as I did.
Cheers!
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but the chances of you getting the watch from the SA are slightly better than 0% at this point. By slightly better I mean like .0000000001%.
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,103
You enquired only a year ago….. (Had you not heard the two years of squabbles about being hard to get ?)

But……You were long aspired to add to your collection.

And you enquired while on holidays in Europe to a boutique in another country.

Red flags in this
 
Posts
113
Likes
108
Why does the OP keep on saying omega or the boutique did this. The sales person is a scumbag and that's that.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
Absolutely no sympathy from me, any retailer (boutique my arse…its still only a bloody shop with a bit more bullshit) that tries that: “you have to by this before I’ll even think of maybe selling you that” shit is never gonna get by business, I’ll just go up the road and buy something else, making sure to let them know (management in particular) that they missed the sale because they were acting like ouzzing buckets of pus.
Nothing hurts these pricks more than the realisation that they missed out and someone else got your money, because they over played their hand.

Would you like to buy the Sydney Harbour Bridge? Well to prove that your serious you have to buy the Westgate Bridge in Melbourne and the Story Bridge in Brisbane, only then I can put you on the list of potential buyers.
Edited:
 
Posts
726
Likes
1,109
You can buy second hand one directly for that price.
Sometimes going gray may be cheaper and faster.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
Can you imagine walking into your local Honda motorcycle dealer.............

"Hi, I like the new Africa Twin 1100 in the display window, how much is it?"
"Oh sorry Sir, that one's not for sale, only display, but I can put you on the preferred customer list if you buy another bike from our range."

You can guess the response.

Edited:
 
Posts
218
Likes
188
Can you imagine walking into your local Honda motorcycle dealer.............

"Hi, I like the new Africa Twin 1100 in the display window, how much is it?"
"Oh sorry Sir, that one's not for sale, only display, but I can put you on the preferred customer list if you buy another bike from our range."

It's funny you posted about a motorcycle. I was thinking of this post yesterday and how much $17k is.

I appreciate the OP saying it's not a lot for him, because I often wondered how people here can spend so much on a "collection"..

In any event, I was thinking that $17k could buy a decent motorbike. I'm not a rider, but it seems like buying a lot more fun for the money.

(But then again, $17k is a chunk of change for me.)
 
Posts
3,259
Likes
23,334
It's funny you posted about a motorcycle. I was thinking of this post yesterday and how much $17k is.

I appreciate the OP saying it's not a lot for him, because I often wondered how people here can spend so much on a "collection"..

In any event, I was thinking that $17k could buy a decent motorbike. I'm not a rider, but it seems like buying a lot more fun for the money.

(But then again, $17k is a chunk of change for me.)
$17k will buy a very nice new motorcycle. My bike is quite a beauty but even still I could only hope for Speedmaster money (~$6k) if I were to sell it on the used market. I’ve always thought it funny I’m wearing more than my motorcycle is worth on my wrist every day.

 
Posts
7,772
Likes
14,363
The OP, after recognizing that he was duped in to buying two watches so he could get a Snoopy later, is still reluctant to report the scam to Omega because he still holds out hope that maybe the dealer will eventually cough up a Snoopy for him. It is human nature to want to believe that you really weren't scammed and it will be 'ok' in the end. We certainly have the ability to fool ourselves, but that is what scammers count on.

If he really wants a Snoopy just go out and buy one on the grey market and be done with it. And accept that you got taken by a dirty sales tactic, but for goodness sake report this activity to Omega.
 
Posts
2,077
Likes
4,244
$17k will buy a very nice new motorcycle. My bike is quite a beauty but even still I could only hope for Speedmaster money (~$6k) if I were to sell it on the used market. I’ve always thought it funny I’m wearing more than my motorcycle is worth on my wrist every day.

dibs!
 
Posts
1,084
Likes
6,010
The OP, after recognizing that he was duped in to buying two watches so he could get a Snoopy later, is still reluctant to report the scam to Omega because he still holds out hope that maybe the dealer will eventually cough up a Snoopy for him. It is human nature to want to believe that you really weren't scammed and it will be 'ok' in the end. We certainly have the ability to fool ourselves, but that is what scammers count on.

If he really wants a Snoopy just go out and buy one on the grey market and be done with it. And accept that you got taken by a dirty sales tactic, but for goodness sake report this activity to Omega.
Wait till he gets married and learns what he has to do to get a piece of action......
 
Posts
632
Likes
2,137
I will never understand the various "hypes" for specific products, which do not even perform significantly better than "normal" products.

Similar attitudes are practiced at Lamborghini and Ferrari. If you want one of the very limited models, you must have bought "normal" models previously. Crazy that people accept such a "game", they seem to have lost any sense about the value of money 🤨

If I would desire a limited Lamborghini (I do not since I like to drive my cars), and if a sales person says something like that to me, I would immediately turn around and go away.

Years ago, I was interested in an Alfa Romeo 8C. The sales person talked about that only real Alfa enthusiasts should be "presented" with the allowance to buy one 🤨 and that this would have to be evidenced. I said that I have an Alfa Romeo Montreal (this is quite a special model, since it has a V8 also) since long and that I do all the servicing myself so that it is reliable (professional mechanics turn away and go running if you turn up with this model). Whether that would be sufficient to demonstrate enthusiasm sufficiently. He said no, but purchase of another new (and expensive, although unloved) model might help. I turned around and went away. And never returned, for whatever car model.