Forums Latest Members

Would you let an Omega boutique....

1. Go Spurs Go Dec 7, 2019

Hi everyone,

Would you let an Omega boutique put a new 1171/633 bracelet on a ST1 or would you take it home and fit it yourself?
    I’m scared a little to do it myself as I might stuff the endlinks up or scratch the hell out of my watch.

Not sure want I will do.

2. speedyproftw Dec 7, 2019

If you've got easy access to an OB, just let them do it. But only as long as you know they're careful (tape the lugs, etc.).

3. padders Oooo subtitles! Dec 7, 2019

They may have to file the end links as the 1171 from new can be very slightly over sized. Let them do it

lando, Lonestar, CJpickup57 and 2 others like this.
  4. Perseus Dec 9, 2019

I normally do it myself, but if you're uncomfortable with the process I would let them do it.

5. Go Spurs Go Dec 9, 2019

Well I’m going there today so fingers crossed they can do a good job.

6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Dec 9, 2019

This....

7. Geezer Dec 9, 2019

An Omega boutique staff should have the proper training and tools to do this. And if they mess it up, you can hold them accountable. Don’t ‘learn’ how to do this stuff on new and expensive watches.

From looking at other people’s watches, it almost seems that scratching the lugs becomes an acceptable thing to do when changing straps or bracelets (sorry, this is not directed at the OP). It’s not. If you insist on doing it yourself, practice on some junk first and use proper tools (not the springbar tool you get for free with a cheap strap).

8. Go Spurs Go Dec 9, 2019

Thanks for the replies I changed bracelet on my Oris Diver 65 and I managed to slightly scratch it so I think I’ll let Omega do this install.