Centenary 2500 JUB Serial Numbers

Posts
3,095
Likes
3,605
It's hard for me to call it pink gold, more brown. This is what it looks like next to 2648 which is made of pink gold.


It's probably not Rose gold then. According to John's recordings,
it probably wouldn't be. Really nice you have the chronometer cert.

 
Posts
3,646
Likes
7,756
It's hard for me to call it pink gold, more brown. This is what it looks like next to 2648 which is made of pink gold.


Give the case back a light polishing with a jewelers cloth to remove the tarnish - I am pretty sure it will turn out to be rose gold.
Old tarnished rose gold often looks more yellow than rose...
Edited:
 
Posts
809
Likes
9,407
Give the case back a light polishing with a jewelers cloth to remove the tarnish - I am pretty sure it will turn out to be rose gold.
Old tarnished rose gold often looks more yellow than rose...

I tried to polish it in one small spot, but the gold color is still more brown than pink. I love that tarnish on the gold.
 
Posts
6,679
Likes
11,627
It can sometimes be difficult to distinguish rose from yellow gold in these vintage omegas but more so with this model especially since the centenary combined a yellow gold dial with a rose gold case (in some instances).
 
Posts
809
Likes
9,407
I've already sent my Centenary in for service and I can't put it next to this Connie to show that they have a similar shade of gold casing. The gold is fading into the brown.

 
Posts
344
Likes
3,368
I've already sent my Centenary in for service and I can't put it next to this Connie to show that they have a similar shade of gold casing. The gold is fading into the brown.

Fantastic 🥰
 
Posts
1,585
Likes
5,378
One more to add to the list:

Case: 10724206
Movement: 10680356

This one will soon be listed for sale!

 
Posts
13,629
Likes
18,980
I’m glad this thread is being revived. Here’s mine, bought on this forum a little over two years ago.


It came with the silver box, too.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
Engraved or plain caseback, Evan? Did you do a thread on this baby?
Great watches, been around longer than most of us!
 
Posts
231
Likes
237
I've already sent my Centenary in for service and I can't put it next to this Connie to show that they have a similar shade of gold casing. The gold is fading into the brown.

Beautiful watch. What a sharp case. Definitely museum quality. Do you wear them? I am always care full with my watches but I will be scared to wear this one if it were mine.
 
Posts
809
Likes
9,407
Beautiful watch. What a sharp case. Definitely museum quality. Do you wear them? I am always care full with my watches but I will be scared to wear this one if it were mine.

I don't wear this often, I rather show pictures.
 
Posts
13,629
Likes
18,980
Engraved or plain caseback, Evan? Did you do a thread on this baby?
Plain caseback. Since I bought the watch here, I didn’t do much of a review.


gatorcpa
 
Posts
5
Likes
32
Here's my one - bought from Somlo in December. They checked the Omega archives for it and it was delivered to China on the 15th of October '48.

Movement number: 10680611
Case number: 10724001

One picture on my wrist, and the rest from Somlo because they take much nicer photos than me...

 
Posts
3,095
Likes
3,605
Here's my one - bought from Somlo in December. They checked the Omega archives for it and it was delivered to China on the 15th of October '48.

Movement number: 10680611
Case number: 10724001

One picture on my wrist, and the rest from Somlo because they take much nicer photos than me...

Here's my one - bought from Somlo in December. They checked the Omega archives for it and it was delivered to China on the 15th of October '48.

Movement number: 10680611
Case number: 10724001

One picture on my wrist, and the rest from Somlo because they take much nicer photos than me...

Gorgeous! Wear in good health.
 
Posts
3,095
Likes
3,605
I haven’t seen mine in a while either 🤦🏻‍♂️
 
Posts
56
Likes
53
It's probably not Rose gold then. According to John's recordings,
it probably wouldn't be. Really nice you have the chronometer cert.

For sale on Chrono24 from Hungary.

Case number - 10725186
Movement number - 10760606

Listed as yellow gold.