Forums Latest Members

Celebrities wearing omegas

1. COYI Feb 27, 2018

How about Jeremy Clarkson.

This was featured in the Sunday Times back in 2009, written by Jeremy Clarkson.

"I suppose that in the days when your fishmonger knew your name and what sort of cod you liked on a Friday, "brand loyalty" made sense. Now we live in a world of supermarkets and corporations, it is the most ridiculous thing on all of God's green earth. No matter how many loyalty cards you have in your wallet.

That said, I am the worst offender. Even though I know Virgin is the best airline, I always try to fly BA. Even though I know HSBC is in fairly good shape, I bank at Barclays. Even though I know the new style of Levi's reveals my butt crack when I bend over, I would still never buy a pair of Wranglers.

And this brings me neatly onto the question of watches. For some time now I've been on the hunt for a new one but the choice is tricky. I couldn't have a Breitling because I don't own an Audi. I couldn't have a Calvin Klein because they are pants, I couldn't have a Gucci because I'm not a footballist's wife, I couldn't have a TW Steel because my wrist isn't big enough to sport something that can be seen from space, I couldn't have a Tissot because I'm not eight and the only thing in the world worse than a fake Rolex is a real one.

Have you noticed something odd about Rolexes? Especially the modern ones that wind automatically when you move your wrist about? A great many owners wear them on their right hand. I jump to no conclusions here but you can feel free.

Mostly, though, I cannot wear any of these watches because I am an Omega man. I have worn a Seamaster for years, not because James Bond has one and not because Neil Armstrong wore something by the same maker on the moon but because on the day I went away to school my parents gave me a Genéve Dynamic.

The trouble is that for the past few years Omega has been the Pillsbury dough of Swiss watches. The Terry and June. Omegas were dreary. They were boring to behold. They were Vectras in a world of Ferraris and Lamborghinis. The De Ville Prestige, for example, was plainly designed by someone who had a black-and-white telly.

This filled me with despair. I wanted a watch. For the same reasons that I bank at Barclays and wear Levi's, it had to be an Omega, and it just wasn't coming up with the goods. It was like Leeds United. Once the home of Peter Lorimer and Gary Sprake but now an also-ran bunch of unimaginative clod-hopping no-hopers.

And then one day, in Hong Kong, I saw it. A new Omega. It's called the Railmaster and it is a thing of unparalleled beauty. There is no button that owners think will call for help if they find themselves in a crashing helicopter on Kilimanjaro, it is not waterproof to 8,000 metres, there is no stopwatch, there is no swivelling bezel to tell you how much air you have left in your tanks and you even have to wind it up every morning or it will stop. Plainly this is a watch for the sedentary soul. The man with no hang glider or mini sub in his garage. I bought it in an instant."

ErichPryde, MtV, cvalue13 and 29 others like this.
  2. Gstp Feb 27, 2018

This one ? Then I agree with the tosser, but mine is not manual...

20180223_133116-02.jpeg
  3. COYI Feb 27, 2018

It was indeed a similar model to yours although I'm not sure what size. I don't think he necessarily meant it was manual wind only. Perhaps he leads a sedentary lifestyle and needs to manually wind it to keep it going.

4. asrnj77 Feb 28, 2018

His hands look like a skeleton Halloween deal..

5. Ernestc Oct 25, 2018

Nicole Kidman is definitely a bona-fide and classy ambassador for Omega.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  6. Blaise Oct 25, 2018

From the latest Fratello x Seamaster magazine image.jpg image.jpg

7. Stufflers Mom Oct 25, 2018

Of course top of that list is none other than Jeremy Clarkson.

Jeremy-Clarkson-The-Grand-Tour-Omega-railmaster-XL2.jpg

sci, Jamgantenk, Uniqez and 3 others like this.
  8. drhombus24 Oct 25, 2018

He also wore a planet ocean 2500 for many seasons of top gear

Jamgantenk and Foo2rama like this.
  9. horseShu Oct 25, 2018

Clarkson is wearing the Railmaster XXL.
    Quite a unique piece, but too massive for my wrist.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 25, 2018

Borrowed from James May for that bit. James has been seen wearing it often.

albertob likes this.
  11. ras47 Oct 25, 2018

I always considered guys that strap on this suit to be celebrities:
    Omega_Speedmaster_Moonwatch_ad_560.jpg

12. ras47 Oct 25, 2018

And one of the most famous guys to wear that suit, Buzz Aldren. Then and now. aldrin.jpg Screen Shot 2018-10-25 at 1.04.09 PM.png

Thrasher36, noelekal, wagudc and 5 others like this.
  13. ras47 Oct 25, 2018

George Clooney is my favorite brand ambassador for Omega, and one of my favorite actors. He doesn't seem to wear Omega watches just because he's paid to do so. Seems like he has a genuine passion for them. There are two actors whose movies I'll go see just because they're in it. Morgan Freeman, and George Clooney. Too bad Morgan doesn't wear Omegas. :)
    george-clooney-buzz-aldrin-omega-party-stage-a.jpg

14. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Oct 27, 2018

Gianni Agnelli (1921-2003) always wore his watches over the sleeve of his shirt or sweater... he loved life, enjoyed sports, Ferrari, watches and women ( Anita Ekberg, Rita Hayworth ... )

Albe100, KingCrouchy and albertob like this.
  15. Professor Oct 27, 2018

When I was a youngster an injury and many months of wearing a cast on my left forearm made the skin of my wrist very sensitive. I used to cut the top off a sock and slip it over my wrist before putting on my watch when wearing a short sleeved shirt, when wearing a thermal under shirt I wore the watch over the cuff.
    Could be Agnelli had sensitive skin. Some people just can't wear a wristwatch at all. For many years I couldn't wear one at all. The skin under the wrist band would turn white as snow and weep fluid. Its only recently that I've been wearing a watch on a regular basis with no problems.

flw likes this.
  16. alam Oct 27, 2018

[very] dorky IMO :p but to each his own...:D

KGS1925 likes this.
  17. albertob Oct 27, 2018

The myth says that once he was stopped by the police driving his Ferrari at 200km/h.

When the young policeman realized it was not the average joe but mr Agnelli, he said “mr Agnelli, buongiorno! I just stopped you to see closer your new Ferrari! Congrats!”

Thrasher36, janice&fred and Albe100 like this.
  18. Df13 Jan 6, 2019

Indianapolis Colts head coach, Frank Reich, has been wearing what I believe to be the Omega Aqua Terra with the blue rubber strap:

IMG_4020.jpg IMG_4021.jpg
  19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 6, 2019

Got one last night while re watching West Wing.

38138191-2C04-4BFE-9201-CDB1F7C0FAA5.jpeg
    Leo with a Manhattan in season 3. The Pres clearly wears an Omega in season 1.

20. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jan 6, 2019

You’re right, I spotted that as well when I was watching the game. I said to my wife “Hey I think the coach of the Colts is wearing an Aqua Terra!”, to which she replied “what’s that?”
    ::facepalm1::