Forums Latest Members

Caught a Rolex GMT 1675 with Silver Dial

1. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Jun 1, 2022

I have also reported it to a mod so it can hopefully be deleted in the OP’s absence. @erpin9 if you see this, please revise this post on any forum you have shared it.

watchyouwant and cvalue13 like this.
  2. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jun 1, 2022

Photo has been deleted so @erpin9 can edit it, if he wants to post it again.

3. erpin9 Jun 18, 2022

Thanks for the warning and sorry for the troubles.

JimJupiter, bags1971 and Mark020 like this.
  4. erpin9 Apr 9, 2023

Its been almost a year and still no report yet from Rolex on my watch. Last time i called them they said its still being evaluated and to just wait for their email once they are done inspecting it. Hopefully there will be good news this year.

Eve, swa14 and Mark020 like this.
  5. vibe Apr 9, 2023

You’ve gotta be on pins and needles, but it is what you have to do to prove that the unicorn exists! I but it probably just takes Rolex that long to create a epically vague statement.

erpin9 likes this.
  6. erpin9 Apr 10, 2023

You are right about that. Anyway, as what Xeramic told me, the longer it takes for them to verify its autheticity the better. Meaning they are having a hard time disproving it.

Eve, watchyouwant, Caliber561 and 5 others like this.
  7. Mark020 not the sharpest pencil in the ΩF drawer Apr 11, 2023

They are now trying to find out who produced this dial on a Saturday :D (I assume by now they will have concluded it is legit but they have no clue how)

Eve, erpin9, Larry S and 1 other person like this.
  8. airansun In the shuffling madness Apr 11, 2023

Good Lord! Have they no shame?

I’d be extremely pissed.

erpin9 likes this.
  9. steversaurus Apr 11, 2023

Fingers crossed that it doesn't end with a, "well we can't confirm that we made it, but we can't deny it either." Good luck!

erpin9 likes this.
  10. erpin9 Oct 15, 2023

I am going to London this end October and i plan to do a side trip to Rolex Geneva. Hopefully they will have some information already about my watch which has been there for 16 months already.

Eve, Shabbaz, watchyouwant and 10 others like this.
  11. osterman Oct 15, 2023

Wow, 16 months! If I think I get impatient when my local watchmaker says "I'll let you know in a couple of weeks"!
    Seriously, I am fascinated by this story ang looking forward to know the outcome.

RevZMan123, erpin9 and Raymondo5508 like this.
  12. ErichPryde Oct 15, 2023

What a wild ride! That's a fantastic looking dial. Can't wait to read the outcome here.

erpin9 likes this.
  13. erpin9 Oct 15, 2023

Thanks. I do miss my watch already.

14. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 16, 2023

I still think it is genuine. I've bought and sold 2x silvery/white ish Rolex Sub dials from a Dial Manufacturer' s Sample Book .( Bought by one of the most well known Collectors. ) Most of them had no dial feet. Which is now easy to rectify . That is one of the points, the Heritage department will have checked. Many Sample Dials had no Lume applied. Therefore I think, yours is genuine.

Eve, wouter van wijk, erpin9 and 3 others like this.
  15. erpin9 Oct 16, 2023

Many thanks for the encouraging comment. I am just at a loss as to why it is taking them so long to inspect and decide on the faith of my watch. Anyway, i am in for the long haul.

16. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Oct 16, 2023

Somebody at Rolex is wearing your Watch and can't let it go ....

Dries, Eve, jaguar11 and 2 others like this.
  17. NGO1 Oct 16, 2023

Can you request for a physical confirmation of your watch every few months? A year and a half is a long time for them to hang on customer’s watch.

18. wouter van wijk Oct 17, 2023

16 months for real? How many people are actually working at heritage department of Rolex? Has anybody ever been to the archive of Rolex? Never really heard first hand stories about that archive but I guess James Dowling went there to write his book.

Actually I was really surprised by the amount of people working at Longines and the workload they have to deal with. The heritage brand director told me 7 people have to do 12.000 request for extracts and they also do the tours in St.Imier museum which had if I can remember it right 10.000 visitor per year. They also do 30 presentations per year around the world.

I really don't know how many people send in their watches for service at Rolex Geneva due to the high price involved around it and a bit due to the mystery around it

19. erpin9 Oct 17, 2023

I had a friend from Geneva inquire about my watch a few months back and they said by summer it will finish the inspection but still no news to date.

20. NGO1 Oct 17, 2023

I don’t mean asking for an electronic update. Someone can just pull up data from their chair in NY and update you.

Can you request a physical confirmation of your watch? As in; actually photo or physical eyes on your watch in Geneva and tell you it’s safe and moving to the right people to assess it.

edit to add: I sent a modern Vacheron to NA HQ for service under warranty, initial email said 6 weeks. 6 months later they told me warehouse misplaced my watch, a replacement will be issued. 8 emails sent back and forth, multiple VC reps confirmed to me my watch is moving along. Of course these are simply electronic confirmations, none had eyes on the watch since warehouse logged it in.

Edited Oct 17, 2023