Can The 2021 Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Still Be Considered A Moonwatch?

That's great, doesn't diminish the fact that the speedy is the official NASA watch or that Buzz Aldrin loves them.

There are more bulova accutron astronaut watches on the moon than Speedmasters (or GMTs). Still there too. Accutron Astronaut, OG.

I was just thinking that!
If one wanted to get nit-picky then only ref 105.003, 105.012 and 145.012 should be referred to as "Moonwatches" as they're the only ones that have actually been to the moon's surface. All other Speedmaster Professional references should therefore be "Spacewatches" as you say.

There may be some merit in this line of thinking👍
But it could ruin the whole party🙁

There may be some merit in this line of thinking👍
But it could ruin the whole party🙁
I'm sure Omega is aware of this, which is why they continue to refer to the Speedy Pro as the Moonwatch even though the latest versions with Cal 3861 are fundamentally different to the ones which went to the moon. Hell, a few years ago even the FOIS was part of the Moonwatch range. It was only at the start of this year when I noticed that it was moved to the Heritage range on the Omega website.

Edit: Photo added.
Edited:

There are more bulova accutron astronaut watches on the moon than Speedmasters (or GMTs). Still there too. Accutron Astronaut, OG.
Really? Are you pulling my leg?

In fact the Accutron Astronaut tuning fork wristwatch has been worn by 8 of the 12 NASA testpilots who flew the hypersonic X-15 rocket-powered aircraft... on the Mercury-9 flight, on the Gemini III & Gemini V spaceflight missions... but never on an Apollo flight, although Bulova had clocks in the cockpit panels of Gemini and Apollo spacecraft !
To be complete: Norman Thagard also wore an Accutron Astronaut on STS-7 in 1983 and Jeffrey Hoffman wore an open dial SpaceView on STS 51-D in 1985...
https://moonwatchuniverse.tumblr.com/archive

Oktober 5, 2021... Soyuz MS-19 carried a Russian film director and Russian actress to the ISS...
Omega X-33 Skywalker chronographs were worn underneath the Sokol space suit but it looks like commander Anton Shkaplerov wore, besides the custom Speedmaster strapped over the left forearm, another manual winding Omega Speedmaster at his righthand wrist underneath the spacesuit
😉

Oktober 5, 2021... Soyuz MS-19 carried a Russian film director and Russian actress to the ISS...
Omega X-33 Skywalker chronographs were worn underneath the Sokol space suit but it looks like commander Anton Shkaplerov wore, besides the custom Speedmaster strapped over the left forearm, another manual winding Omega Speedmaster at his righthand wrist underneath the spacesuit
😉

Now thats cool 😀

As I said there have been no Space missions since the new version was released. Jeff Bezos and crew took the 3861 into Space that is fact.

Nobody cares what Jeff Bozo does

If anything, a Jeff Bozo association is a knock against the watch.

It's probably more accurate to say that Bezos doesn't care about what the rest of us are doing. He's too busy making history.

It's probably more accurate to say that Bezos doesn't care about what the rest of us are doing. He's too busy making history.

Let’s not confuse an oligarch with a visionary.

After mommy gave him a $250,000 loan, he’s gone on to do little more than perfect the combination outdated anti-trust laws with a modernized slave labor.

Once that dirty work gets you making $9 million / hour around the clock, really anything is possible!

I think it is just nobody is allowed to care on this Forum - it is always made so toxic it is impossible to enjoy a viable commerical space dialogue on here - which is why I tend to avoid the topic.... which reminds me how much tax does Buffet pay ... then again he of course is painted as the good guy ... like Mr Gates who is way ahead in the game.

... perfect the combination outdated anti-trust laws with a modernized slave labor....

his neighbor in Medina, WA (you know who) was probably equally skillful at maneuvering around the outdated anti-trust laws, but no good enough at the milking the most of modernized slave labor, i guess
Edited:

😉
Probably he had another one in the watch pocket of the space suit 😝

I think it is just nobody is allowed to care on this Forum - it is always made so toxic it is impossible to enjoy a viable commerical space dialogue on here

I’d not been around the forum much during the recent cluster of commercial space events, so I was unwittingly piling on in a forum theme of which I was unaware.

I’m not above piling on, I’d just rather do it consciously.

In any event, my first comment that you quoted - about not caring what Bezos did - I stand behind, though tongue-in-cheek, in the limited context of the discussion on this thread, being the association between the NASA space program and the speedy.

after all, if we’re equally interested in all others whom have taken any other watch into space whatsoever, the list gets rather long!

That's great, doesn't diminish the fact that the speedy is the official NASA watch or that Buzz Aldrin loves them.
Not trying to diminish anything here. History is History and the Speedy has a very clear place within the space race and NASA

So -
Can The 2021 Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch Professional Still Be Considered A Moonwatch?

the answer is "no"
because it has been not on the moon or near the moon?

it can be called "last omega in space" (from july 2021)?
In my opinion it is a moonwatch, if nothing else because of it's heritage and because the company that makes it states it is part of the line. As opposed to the speedy racer or other speedies.

The discussion on my end is on the "why" or on "what" is a moonwatch.
Edited:

I As opposed to the speedy racer or other speedies.

i presume no body would urge that it is not a moon watch
42mm case profile is (i think) the same, but there is almost no heritage

I think it is just nobody is allowed to care on this Forum - it is always made so toxic it is impossible to enjoy a viable commerical space dialogue on here - which is why I tend to avoid the topic.... which reminds me how much tax does Buffet pay ... then again he of course is painted as the good guy ... like Mr Gates who is way ahead in the game.

You can care if you want to, but people may actually disagree with the whole point of it - doesn't mean it's toxic.

If a dialogue is one sided, it's not really a dialogue.

I’d not been around the forum much during the recent cluster of commercial space events, so I was unwittingly piling on in a forum theme of which I was unaware.

I’m not above piling on, I’d just rather do it consciously.

In any event, my first comment that you quoted - about not caring what Bezos did - I stand behind, though tongue-in-cheek, in the limited context of the discussion on this thread, being the association between the NASA space program and the speedy.

after all, if we’re equally interested in all others whom have taken any other watch into space whatsoever, the list gets rather long!

NASA is now commercial space / we are entering a new ball game as Mr Shatner is about to prove... anyway NASA is and always has also been the Government..

....NASA announced that it had awarded a contract to SpaceX for $2.9 billion to use Starship to take astronauts from lunar orbit to the surface of the moon....

So it is all changing ... and meanwhile in Russia .....

Okay, movements, not the whole wristwatch.

"there were Accutron movements used on the Moon – as a matter of fact, they're still up there; they were used as long duration master timers for seismographic experiments place by Apollo 11, Apollo 12, and Apollo 14. Accutron movements had a very long history of use as timing devices in satellites, going all the way back to Explorer 7, in 1959 (there was one aboard Explorer 6 as well but that spacecraft exploded on launch). And one fascinating little-known fact is that there were mechanical Bulova movements used on the Moon as well. Apollo 16 and Apollo 17 both had seismic experiment packages as well."

Also an accutron railroad watch used on Apollo-soyuz
https://omegaforums.net/threads/the-accutron-from-the-rail-roads-to-apollo-soyuz.102181/