Can anyone please identify this watch?

Hi All,

New to the forum.

I purchased this watch on eBay about 9 years ago. It was advertised as an Omega Seamaster Geneve. Over the years, I've tried finding similar models, but I don't think I've seen one with exactly the same details. I.e:
It doesn't have 'Geneve' on the face.
It has a 'flecked' gold face.
Most seem to have 'Automatic' on the face.
The dial markers & hands look different to most I've viewed.OS1.png OS2.png OS3.png

An exact model/year would be helpful, as would an idea of value, please, as (although I think it's beautiful) I'm considering parting with it.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Regards,
Paul

Need larger clearer photo of the movement AND inside the case back.

Looks like a 1342 from the 1970s. An early Quartz watch.

I just got a bunch of these as I am interested in the old tech. They do not have much value except as spare part donors for the higher end models. Many examples are service award watches from that era. Gold cased ones are worth melt value. This looks like a gold plated model, and the plating is really thin. This was when the US dropped the gold standard and prices spiked.

The two things that fail are the motor and the PC board. There are no spares of these available. The equipment to make such things scrapped. Few service places will touch them.

At the moment it is a buyers market, with the prices really low. in the 35 to 150USD$ range. I suspect many bid them a bit as they have the omega name on the dial. Unsuspecting buyers have remorse. One really has to do their homework.

Not really collectable.

Need larger clearer photo of the movement AND inside the case back.
Looks like a 1342 from the 1970s. An early Quartz watch.

I just got a bunch of these as I am interested in the old tech. They do not have much value except as spare part donors for the higher end models. Many examples are service award watches from that era. Gold cased ones are worth melt value. This looks like a gold plated model, and the plating is really thin. This was when the US dropped the gold standard and prices spiked.

The two things that fail are the motor and the PC board. There are no spares of these available. The equipment to make such things scrapped. Few service places will touch them.

At the moment it is a buyers market, with the prices really low. in the 35 to 150USD$ range. I suspect many bid them a bit as they have the omega name on the dial. Unsuspecting buyers have remorse. One really has to do their homework.

Not really collectable.

Hi,
Thanks both for taking the time to reply, appreciated.

Sheepdoll, thanks for info & I take your point, but I've not had any problems with mine. I'm also in the UK & purchased it through auction in 2015 & it's till going well! I've been looking at various online sites & they seem to be valued & selling for around the £500-700.00 mark, which still represents several hundred percent profit on what I originally paid, so I think I'm still going to sell.

Personally I think you're dreaming if you think you'll get £500 plus for that, a 70s plated quartz model. If you get £250 I'd be very surprised.

ps the details you need to identify the model are on the other side of the caseback.
Edited:

Personally I think you're dreaming if you think you'll get £500 plus for that, a 70s plated quartz model. If you get £250 I'd be very surprised.

ps the details you need to identify the model are on the other side of the caseback.

Thanks for your reply, padders.
Even £250 would be a good profit but I'm not desperate to sell, just curious.
I've looked on various sites, but on Chrono24 there are 2 similar examples, & I think mine is better:
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/omega-seamaster--id30484958.htm?searchHash=efc165f6_eVLvig&pos=1 (£518 + shipping)
https://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/omega-seamaster--id30620535.htm (£631 + shipping)

I know they can ask what they want but I've saved a few & they've sold for similar figures.

Well the first one has a bracelet which increases the value but the prices are still absurd and the condition poor. If anyone pays those prices for those watches they’ve been hugely ripped off.