Can anyone help me identify this watch?

Hi guys,
I’m trying to identify this watch and am having a bit of trouble with it so I was wondering if someone with a bit more knowledge could help me out. I believe it is an seamaster chronograph black dial ref.145.016 or ref.145.006. From comparing the photos there seems to be no difference so I was wondering if anyone could help me out.
TIA

Welcome to the forum!
The 145.016 is often called a "soccer timer" as the sub-dials were marked in a pattern suitable for a soccer or football match. There is an excellent write up by Ash on the 145.016 here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/seamaster-soccer-timer-145-016-review.1768/.
Yours looks like the 145.006 but the best thing to do is to have a competent person unscrew the caseback and give us clear, head on pictures of the movement (might be a 321!) and the inside of the caseback which will have the nomenclature you seek.

Do you own the watch? What else can you tell us?

The only way to know for sure is having it opened.

As already noted get clear photos of the inside of the case back and movement, you're going to need them anyway if you plan on selling it.

Don't be stumped, just have a watchmaker unscrew the back for you and all should be revealed.
There is no doubt in my mind that it is not a 145.016 and I am very confident that you have the 145.006 which first came out in 1966.

Please don't wind, clean, polish or do anything else but obtain the pictures! It is a beautiful watch that has some good value, ask Grandpa for a family discount or an advance on your inheritance.

Please commend him on having great taste!
And kudos to you for coming here and doing some homework.

ask Grandpa for a family discount or an advance on your inheritance.

I think he said grandpa wants the OP to sell it for him, which is a great way to gather up some private messages with offers to buy without bothering to get to the 200 post mark 😁

gather up some private messages with offers to buy without bothering to get to the 200 post mark 😁
Sad that we have reached that state(sad but true). Which is worse, the evil of the plotter or the naivete' of the victim?

I have good vibes about our new friend, however.
Anyway, I am sure that he will reach 200 posts just asking questions and doing research and when we are through with him...,...

Me...I'm not so sure. He turned down flat my offer of $500. 😁
I offered my personal IOU and heard crickets.

Seriously, if OP was a sophisticated scammer, the caseback would be off.

I like the member, I feel it may be a lady.

Seriously, if OP was a sophisticated scammer, the caseback would be off.
Unless there was something to hide.

Dammit, Fred! You got me questioning.

That was the original thread that got me so confused, they appear to be identical! What would I be looking for once I get the case back off to help me work out which one it is?

sorry for the dumb questions
The stupidity is in not asking.

Please keep us informed, we can be of help.