Forums Latest Members

Calling X-33 owners or potential owners. Should I get a Marstimer?

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 11, 2023

My OB has offered me a Marstimer.

I’m leaning towards this cool and unique piece.

Any thoughts? I like the size and weight, when I tried on a regular x-33.

sheepdoll likes this.
  2. duc Nov 12, 2023

If the price does not affect your lifestyle, grab that baby. You will have the coolest X33 in any X33 gathering you ever attend ;)

I'm on a project away from home for a stint. I only wear the X33 during the week, but here is a current snap. The strap clasp is an Artem RM in black.

41.jpg

Thoughts: Light on the wrist and quite functional if you have a lot of events to participate in. Once you figure out how to program it, the PETs come in handy, as do the stop watch and count down timer. The alarm is outstanding. Lastly, it flies under the radar, which I personally like.

Edited Nov 12, 2023
    tikkathree and Dsloan like this.
  3. Paedipod Nov 12, 2023

If there was not a sentimental anchor to my x-33 I would flip it for the marstimer…and I can’t justify having both. IMG_3086.jpeg

J!m, flw and MDubs like this.
  4. 10mmauto Nov 12, 2023

I'm a big fan of the Skywalker. I had the original but swapped it for the Solar Impulse. While I wouldn't trade the Solar Impulse, I'd grab the Marstimer if I had the chance! IMG_2399.JPG IMG_8655.JPG

J!m, duc, Paedipod and 1 other person like this.
  5. FSG Nov 12, 2023

I can’t justify the added value over a regular X33… but if your heart is melting for that Marstimer go for it, you only live once…

6. flw history nerd Nov 12, 2023

I'd seriously consider it if I had the funds. Very cool watch, and it shows that Omega is forward-thinking on the next step into space.

7. pdxleaf Often mistaken for AI... Nov 12, 2023

I had an x-33, so not technically who this was addressed to.

I like the x-33 for its ascetics, fit on the wrist, and gadgets. I enjoy pushing buttons, so it was fun cycling through features. The countdown was fun, as was checking the time in a different timezone. I never used the PET, although i could see how it could be handy.

I no longer have it because of my desire to reduce. But it's a fun watch.

The Skywalker is the prettiest, in my mind. The orange on the Marstimer is a nice look too. What would keep me from getting a Marstimer is the connection to Mars. I don't need to know the time on Mars. I have a photo of the sunset on Mars. So I am excited by the idea of exploring Mars, just not by humans going to Mars. I think that's a big appeal of this watch and one that a person would need to be behind in support.

Good luck with the decision.

Scooterino36 and Dsloan like this.
  8. Evitzee Nov 12, 2023

It's a very cool watch, and very complicated with a 67 page and 50 page manual. But I don't think I could ever get over the $7,000 hump for a quartz watch. But if it sings to you and you have the funds, why not.

9. artek Nov 12, 2023

Very cool watch.

10. Omega-Q Nov 12, 2023

There is a size difference. The MarsTimer is bigger than the original X-33 Gen 1 & 2. I love the size of my Gen 2. I tried on the MarsTimer. Outside of the really cool bezel, I couldn't justify it. If you do not have an X-33 in your collection, I'd highly recommend it!

11. guwipa Nov 15, 2023

To me, the regatta does the trick
    Basel_2017_9.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

Paedipod, FSG and duc like this.
  12. FSG Nov 15, 2023

13. Zanzibar Nov 19, 2023

Just buy it, you might not loose too much if you ever decide to sell it.

14. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Nov 19, 2023

Dsloan likes this.
  15. Con69UK Feb 15, 2024

I’ve just purchased a new marstimer and look at set up instructions and thought jeez, is there a quick way round it, can I just set up local time first?

16. duc Feb 15, 2024

Start with setting UTC. After that, you just add or subtract the number of time zones you are from GMT to establish local time (T1).

J!m and Con69UK like this.
  17. WatchTimes Feb 15, 2024

Im not a big battery watch guy other than a couple GShocks and my X-33 Solar Impulse.
    I love the X-33 and see no problem owning more than one.
    Ive looked at the Mars but I don't love the brown bezel for some reason.
    I like the Regatta and have looked at it but like the Rolex YM II I have no use for a Regatta timer.
    If I ran across a deal on the Skywalker I am pretty sure Id grab it because Id like to have an X-33 on the bracelet.
    I love the Solar Impulse on a NATO. It really wear well with a NATO.

18. drhex Feb 18, 2024

Buy it, I have first gen MkII, Skywalker and the Marstimer now - all have their pros and cons, but the first mars mission is coming (ahem) soon, so you need one...

Dsloan, duc and Paedipod like this.
  19. J!m Feb 18, 2024

I have the first gen X-33 and I like it. It will never replace mechanical watches for me but I like the space program connection.

It’s getting overhauled soon as it has taken to jumping every five seconds even with a new battery installed…

I think the newer ones have gotten a bit large, but as a piece of space kit it’s pretty reasonably sized I guess.

20. Pastorbottle Feb 19, 2024

Should you get a Marstimer?
    As a watch enthusiast, you are honour bound to do your solemn duty and get one!
    I can’t believe you need to ask such a question.
    In fact you should get two……and give one to me
    ::stirthepot:::D

duc likes this.