Forums Latest Members
  1. Steve Essex Mar 25, 2020

Just signed up as one of those NHS responders. Waiting to hear back, should be quick as I have a current enhanced DBS certificate. Just signed up to collect and deliver medicines and food to those stuck indoors and self isolating. It'll get me out of the house!

If any of you fancy getting doing something, here’s the link. https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Gotta do our bit haven’t we.

hanky6, lindo, Spruce and 15 others like this.
  2. jaguar11 Mar 25, 2020

Well done Steve!!!!!!! Good luck!

3. Socks Mar 25, 2020

Nice touch Steve! I've just forwarded it onto my Brother in Law who has just had to shut his bike shop!

4. Steve Essex Apr 4, 2020

Just an update. Nothing! Absolutely nothing. I had an email saying they were inundated and wouldn’t be starting until 31st March but it’s been 5 bloody days since then. I know many applied but checking online, they’ve not even accessed my DBS certificate yet. Very disappointed and slightly annoyed. I thought they were desperate?

5. Socks Apr 5, 2020

It's the thought that counts. As you say, they must be inundated. 750,000 volunteers at the last I heard.

6. Japanred Apr 5, 2020

The NHS is eerily quiet at the minute, despite what you may have heard in the media. You may hear something when it all kicks off in the next couple of weeks. Other than that just sit tight. If they don’t need you yet they aren’t going to put manpower into checking your DBS.

7. Steve Essex Apr 12, 2020

Well, I heard back a few days ago - I’ve not been accepted! Apparently it was because my DBS certificate was not issued within the last 12 months. 8 days out! Not that it should matter as they do not technically expire and I subscribe to a yearly update service so I am automatically re-checked on an annual basis. They couldn’t be arsed to check - takes less than a minute online. It is a current valid certificate. No appeals and no correspondence will be entered into and that’s it. :mad: Never mind, the email finishes with "It won’t be long until we resume volunteer applications and you will be able to re-apply.". Really? They can feck right off! (Excuse my French).