Calibre 562 + date / 564 + date interchangability

Can anyone please advise whether or not these calibres are dimensionally the same - to the extent that a (broken) 562 could be swapped out for a 564 (quick set date) in a 1960s Deville Seamaster case ?

Got any pics of your Seamaster Deville?

Thanks for the replies - anyone know if a 562 can be converted to QS by parts addition/substitution- noting the 563/4/5 are the same series

"QS" = Quick change date?

If that is what you mean, then I guess in theory, it can be done. I've never heard on someone attempting this. In any case, it would be obvious that the movement was frankened, since no cal. 562 would have these parts.

It would be easier and cheaper to buy a non-running cal. 563 or 565 and fix it, rather than to source and swap the necessary parts.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Good advice thanks
"QS" = Quick change date?

If that is what you mean, then I guess in theory, it can be done. I've never heard on someone attempting this. In any case, it would be obvious that the movement was frankened, since no cal. 562 would have these parts.

It would be easier and cheaper to buy a non-running cal. 563 or 565 and fix it, rather than to source and swap the necessary parts.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

Last query on this watch - the watch currently is fitted with a leather strap (sold in this way according to the Omega database). I personally prefer a metal bracelet and was wondering if there is a paticular Omega or quality after-market bracelet - that would look good with the slim-line, slim-lugged, Deville case - can anyone advise please?

Maybe an Omega Beads of Rice bracelet?

Last query on this watch - the watch currently is fitted with a leather strap (sold in this way according to the Omega database). I personally prefer a metal bracelet and was wondering if there is a paticular Omega or quality after-market bracelet - that would look good with the slim-line, slim-lugged, Deville case - can anyone advise please?
For that, you really do need to post a picture, but as Kyle said, the Omega BOR bracelet is about as good as it gets.