Buying from Private seller on Chrono24

Hello All,

I'm interested in an early 1970's Omega watch that is available for sale on Chrono24 from a Private seller. I've never purchased on Chrono24, let alone from a private seller. I've looked through threads on OF for guidance, but most date from years ago, and Chrono24's policy may have changed since.

The seller is in Indonesia and doesn't appear to have feedback on prior sales. I'm in the USA.
No escrow service for this listing. Would that be useful anyway? If no solution between buyer and seller is reached, then I could still lose my money, no?
The seller does provide an honest description of the watch, imo. Describes imperfections and issues, in addition to good stuff. No movement picture.
Listing mentions seller accepts Paypal.

The amount is a bit over $1000 usd. This is a good amount of money for me, though I won't go hungry without it.
My level of tolerating risk is pretty high but not sure if I should run away from this listing.

Michel

upload_2024-8-18_9-18-24.png

upload_2024-8-18_9-19-42.png

All I can tell you is that I’ve purchased watches from private sellers on C24 several times and have never had an issue. C24 will attempt to work out a resolution between buyer and seller if there is a problem, but there are no guarantees.

Like 3
Can I sell you something under those terms and conditions.
Very risky .

Like 2
All I can tell you is that I’ve purchased watches from private sellers on C24 several times and have never had an issue.
Thanks for the feedback.

C24 will attempt to work out a resolution between buyer and seller if there is a problem,
Have you used their help to resolve a situation?

Be aware (private sales!): a) the watch is real for sure b) no guarantee concerning the article c) there will be custom-fees in your case.

As mentioned: c24 will take care concerning delivery or in case of massive fraud..

btw: why do you accept buying w/o seeing the movement?

Like 1
I’ve bought on C24. Most experiences were good, but most recently, I got scammed. It’s good that your money goes into escrow first. It does take a while with C24 to get your money back, but I eventually did. If something doesn’t feel right about the seller, just walk away; plenty of other legitimate sales out there.

Like 2
btw: why do you accept buying w/o seeing the movement?
I certainly value seeing a picture of the movement. Interestingly, most C24 listing do not have movement pictures. I could ask the seller if he has such a picture.

Like 1
Who wins when you open up a box of rocks and the seller shows C24 a watch going into a box with your address?

Like 1
@Deafboy : C 24 has verified the watch, they tell the seller to set the hands on a photo to a certain time

@TexOmega : in any case: not the seller IMO. And this can happen in any sale. I buy only via C24.

Like 2
@Deafboy : C 24 has verified the watch, they tell the seller to set the hands on a photo to a certain time

@TexOmega : in any case: not the seller IMO. And this can happen in any sale. I buy only via C24.

Interesting

Who wins when you open up a box of rocks and the seller shows C24 a watch going into a box with your address?
This what worries me the most. The pictures of the watch and description are good, but will the seller follow through?...

Thanks for the feedback.

Have you used their help to resolve a situation?
I have not had an issue with a seller that required resolution.

Like 2
No! The payment/amount is 1st transferred to C24. Read the terms at C24 carefully first. Why should WE answer the questions - you can ask C24.

Like 1
Payment first goes into escrow. After everything is verified on both sides, C24 releases payment to the seller.

Like 1
I’ve purchased twice from private sellers on C24, no issues, you have to confirm you have received the watch before they release payment to the seller, they also state that they will work with both parties to resolve any issues that occur. I think it’s as safe as it can be really

Like 2
Payment first goes into escrow. After everything is verified on both sides, C24 releases payment to the seller.

Yes, but escrow is specifically not allowed with this seller on this auction.....the OP posted this

Like 1
No! The payment/amount is 1st transferred to C24. .

No escrow for this listing.

From the listing:
- I'm gonna process the shipment 3-5 business day after the payment settled.
PAYMENT
I accept Paypal.

INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTION - TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Payment is COMPLETED by transferring the AGREED PRICE to seller via an agreed transfer method and after seller confirmed the payment have been received.

Did not know that was even possible….

Like 1