Forums Latest Members
  1. Anj Jun 23, 2020

Hi,

So I've decided to venture past what I'm usually used to which are older connies. I was looking at something newer and unique yet distinguishable.

The moonwatch is always there, but what interests me right now is a Day Date. Now I've always loved day dates, one of my favourite watches of all time is the Constellation C-Case Day Date that I've worn for multiple years. I've gravitated towards a 'Triple Date' 'Mark 40' Day date.

Now my search has led me to looking through a couple listings for a decent example for a fair price. Just wanted your opinions since I'll be keeping this for a very long time and I wanted to get it right the first time.

This one seems to me a bit polished, what do you guys think?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Haven't been around in a while so my fishing sense isn't as good as it used to be. I'll probably request more pictures of the sides since it's not as clear and detailed as I'd like it to be. Are there any red flags that come to mind right away?

Best,

Anj

2. PauloSummer Jun 23, 2020

Stunning watch! I think what does it for me (the cherry on top) is the "jet-shaped" chrono second hand.
    (I'm not an expert on speedmasters so I wouldn't want to comment on any red flags. Maybe some others can assist).

Anj likes this.
  3. Anj Jun 23, 2020

Other than the polished case, after looking at it for a bit I think the only other thing I noticed is that the hands are slightly yellowed as well.

4. DSotW Jun 23, 2020

In terms of the Day Date itself, I think you can't go wrong (I'm biased, I also have one).

Although personally I would try to find one that was not polished, rather "dans son jus", meaning in an original state as one can never know who did the work and what horrors may live underneath (like buying a restored car that is 50% body filler).

But that is only my personal opinion.

Anj likes this.
  5. killer67 Jun 23, 2020

There should be ample supply of better condition day dates (great watches too)

Anj likes this.
  6. Anj Jun 24, 2020

Thanks for the advice guys, I found a better example(in my opinion).. non polished a bit of wear and tear for a cheaper price today and I took the opportunity! Can't wait.

Cheers.

Pics:

[​IMG]

Jayco likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 24, 2020

That's the date hand...