Buying advice - New 57 or Zenith Chrono

Really torn on this, been saving for a few years now and finally in a position to buy a watch.
I've been to see both in person, whilst I love the 57, the black face is boring and the green face - well it doesn't WOW me, but I love the design overall and brand recognition is a big thing.

The zenith however, really stunning watch, the arrogant/child side of me wants people to look at it and go 'wow that's a zenith' - but really no one besides watch fans have heard of it

Both are similar price, the zenith is £9200 and the omega £8700...

Thoughts?

03-3100-3600-69-m3100.png

03-3100-3600-69-m3100.png
Edited:

I would pick the Omega,while the Zenith is nice it’s a bit busy for my liking.

I’d go with the Zenith if the bezel didn’t have that 1/10th of a second marketing horseshit all over it.

I would go with the omega. The zenith seems to busy and chasing the Rolex panda look. The blue sub dial throws me off a bit. The omega is classic and clean. But at the end of the day it’s your choice. Or you could have both?

That’s a tough call. I’d go with the Zenith. I’m a big fan.

I personally wouldn’t even think twice and get the Omega. This is just based on how the watches compare to me visually.

However, there are other factors that you should consider. Are you going to be wearing this watch most of the time? Depending on the occasion, the Zenith might go better with your outfit. It will probably also look more flashy since it has more contrasting colors.

At the end, you should get the one that you will enjoy looking at longer. You can’t go wrong with either one.

Print both off in color in A4 paper, one per sheet, spend a couple of days looking at them, I find that I eventually stare at one more than the other, decision made, works for me.
Both are stunning watches, you just need to figure out which one speaks to you more. Out off those 2, for me it would be the Omega, I love Zenith, I have a Class 4 ElPrimero, but I wouldn't pick that one, if you had the Chronomaster Original up there, the one without the bezel it would be that one.

Unless you really intend to use the Zenith for timing things to 1/10th of a second, I’d pick the Speedmaster. Its center hand will sweep once in 60sec, not 10 sec like the Zenith. It can also time things up to 12 hours, not just 60min like the Zenith. While the 1/10 of a second chrono feature is interesting from an engineering perspective, I find the fast movement of the center hand more distracting than useful.

I personally wouldn’t even think twice and get the Omega. This is just based on how the watches compare to me visually.

However, there are other factors that you should consider. Are you going to be wearing this watch most of the time? Depending on the occasion, the Zenith might go better with your outfit. It will probably also look more flashy since it has more contrasting colors.

At the end, you should get the one that you will enjoy looking at longer. You can’t go wrong with either one.

Good point, this would be my daily watch. Really wished they did a white 57 instead!

Unless you really intend to use the Zenith for timing things to 1/10th of a second, I’d pick the Speedmaster. Its center hand will sweep once in 60sec, not 10 sec like the Zenith. It can also time things up to 12 hours, not just 60min like the Zenith. While the 1/10 of a second chrono feature is interesting from an engineering perspective, I find the fast movement of the center hand more distracting than useful.

This, for me, is the heart of it. I'd buy the Zenith in a heartbeat if they dropped the silly 1/10th business. I feel like 'impressively engineered' and 'sporty chronograph' aren't good bedfellows. I'd vote Omega, of these two.

Or is Rolex chasing the Zeinith look with their Daytona?

I would go with the omega. The zenith seems to busy and chasing the Rolex panda look. The blue sub dial throws me off a bit. The omega is classic and clean. But at the end of the day it’s your choice. Or you could have both?

Oof just saw that. Totally blows it for me.

I’d go with the Zenith if the bezel didn’t have that 1/10th of a second marketing horseshit all over it.

Meh. It’s just describing the bezel scale. No different from “Tachymetre Base 1000”.

Take my opinion with a grain of salt, I think the CK2913 series is the pinnacle of wrist decor. You're right it's essentially the same thing, I think I'm just fairly minimalist at heart.

Meh. It’s just describing the bezel scale. No different from “Tachymetre Base 1000”.

Everything about a classic daily, "oh, nice!" is built into that 57. Muted subdials and 12 hours timer are extra points. Here's the thing about that 57: the more scratches and dings you put on it, the better it looks.

The Zenith leans a tad toward "fashion" for me, it shuns many of Zenith's classic design I like. Someone will mistaken it for a Daytona (I promise). Another word, both watches above are on the opposite end of their design spectrums.

Here's what I'd do: 57 now and Daytona in 5 years.

I really like the green dial '57, but trying it on on my wrist it's just too big. It even feels bigger than my 3861. The Zenith sits much better on my wrist so out of these two I'd pick Zenith. However, I'm really eyeing the new Carrera glassbox...

TBH, if you want strangers to say “wow”, I don’t think either one is really going to work.

I have the Zenith and don't love it anymore. It's a beautiful watch in real life but I just didn't connect with it. Get a green or blue 57 and if you don't like it I will swap with you. I have been seriously considering making a WTT thread over in the sales section but I am too lazy.

The Zenith does one heck of a party trick with the 1/10 of a second chrono and that sweep speed of the center seconds chrono hand. The engineering on that is amazing, but to me it has little practical use. I’m team ‘57 all day.

As for the Zenith, I prefer the current Chronomaster Original (with the classic A386 look) over the Chronomaster Sport.

Ultimately though, 2 great watches, and I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice.

Zenith for me in a heartbeat, absolutely love it!