Forums Latest Members
  1. spbond Dec 29, 2015

Hi,

I'm looking at buying a new Omega watch sometime soon but would like to know what the advantages are, if any, of buying the watch from an Omega store (in the UK).

Is it possible to obtain discounts from Omega stores?
    Do you get a better warranty and service when buying from an Omega store as opposed to someone like Churchill and Wolff or Chronext?

Any advice is appreciated,

Sean

2. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 29, 2015

Oh golly. This could go wrong very quickly.
    Sorry Sean, that's a joke based on a thread that's caused a lot of deabte here in the last few days.

It seems like C&W have gone out of business. As for other grey dealers, the debate continues but most people are in the camp of if it has a trusted history of selling genuine articles, there's nothing wrong with saving a buck or two. Authorised Dealers (ADs) can and often do give discounts but you almost certainly will never get one in an Omega Boutique. There's always the for sale section here too. Good luck and feel free to ask questions about anything you find.

abrod520 and Davidt like this.
  3. PatrickJ Dec 29, 2015

Go on the Omega website read FAQ.

See below Omega forum thread:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/pros-and-cons-of-buying-on-the-gray-market.3941/

Pay particular attention to what Ulackfocus says.

4. PatrickJ Dec 29, 2015

If you want to save money go to AD and haggle. Only Omega and AD are guaranteed to give you peace of mind, you will find genuine watches in other places but they are unofficial and you will never be certain (even if they are genuine) only AD and Omega sell you peace of mind.

5. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Dec 29, 2015

Patrick. We know you don't like it. I think you've shouted in all caps all that you need to say.

6. spbond Dec 29, 2015

Thanks for the responses.

The plan was to see if an AD or boutique could get somewhere near to the prices seen on the likes of Churchill and Wolff (you're right - they've disappeared) and Chronext's web sites. Is it true that getting any sort of discount won't happen at a boutique?

7. PatrickJ Dec 29, 2015

The boutique will never do discounts. If you want discount call around AD's I am sure you will get one. Make sure they are an AD, ask them and they must stamp the cards and paperwork. You can also ask members on here what there experience is of the AD also you choose.

8. Davidt Dec 29, 2015

Common UK AD's such as Goldsmiths will do around 20% discount for cash.
    This may be +/- slightly depending upon the model and the AD.

Edit: Apologies, I think it was actually 15% they offered me.

Edited Dec 29, 2015
    PatrickJ likes this.
  9. PatrickJ Dec 29, 2015

All that discount and still an official watch. I have been offered 10% in the past from Goldsmiths. A discount and an official watch with 100% peace of mind. You all know I think Omega like Rolex should minimise or eliminate discounts to add value to our individual watches and the brand. However, in the mean time if a few members save some money on official watch I am all for it. See below from omega:

http://www.omegawatches.com/customer-service/faq/

10. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Dec 29, 2015

If your heart isn't set on new, I'd suggest take a look through the Sales section of this forum as well. Some good values and trustworthy sellers there for your consideration as well. Good luck

PatrickJ likes this.
  11. PatrickJ Dec 29, 2015

Watchfinder dealer in UK sell very good pre owned Omega's. These guy's are an Omega Authorised Service centre as well so no worries.

12. ac106 Dec 29, 2015

There are no worries from trusted sellers on OF. Unless you are dead set on buying from an AD then trusted sellers are the way to go. They can get you BNIB with an Omega warranty

13. PatrickJ Dec 29, 2015