Buying 2254.50 whilst physically in Japan

Hello all!

I will be visiting Japan later this month, spending time in Osaka, Kyoto and of course Tokyo.

I am set on acquiring a 2254.50. I have looked on Chrono 24 and Ebay, with a view to have the watch shipped to my Hotel, but have run into a few issues. Regarding Ebay, it seems that many are resellers from Japanese auction sites, and trying to get them to shop domestically has been a challenge. On Chrono 24, given the weak yen, the watches have been popping off the platform very quickly!

With this in mind, and to save potential hassle with getting a watch delivered to the hotel etc, I was hoping for insight into which watch shops people would reccomend with finding this model. Any tips with using Japanese auctions sites while in Japan would also help, as I may not be able to physically visit certain stores.

Thanks all for your input and time!

Search through sites like Rakuten Japan (www.rakuten.co.jp) to get a better idea on Japanese pricing. eBay resellers sometimes show 2x the price. The listings on Rakuten are almost all from stores with physical locations as opposed to individuals that may appear on other websites, so take note of where the seller's shop is located if you find a model you like.

Consider taking a small trip to the actual store that has the watch. Although shipping a watch to you may be easy, the prices will be slightly lower in store (Rakuten has seller fees) and make sure to bring your passport as they may be able to remove the tax on it which is around 10%.

Like 2
Related to your auction question, I had success using Zenmarket to bid on a Yahoo! Japan auction, receive and ship this beauty to the US.

IMG_3712.jpeg

Like 3
Japan is a watch buyers haven. Stayed 45 min from Tokyo last year and had a choice of 4 shops in walking distance. Then flew to Kumamoto and had just as many. These were resellers only, once you add new watch stores it was crazy variety of places.

Spend some time in a Seiko store. Went to a Grand Seiko store in Kumamoto and there was heaps (3-4x the range) of Grand Seikos we don’t even see outside of Japan.

When in Tokyo, wandering through Nakano Broadway is a fun experience regardless of how you choose to buy.

Thank you all for your replies! I have actually moved forward and purchased a watch, to be deliverd to my hotel, as I didn't want to drag the GF around watch shops and the price was very good.

Like 2