Forums Latest Members
  1. Bruins531 Apr 27, 2022

Hi All,

One of the buttons on my SMP 300's clasp is stuck in the "in" position, which seems to be a fairly common issue as I have learned. Frustrating in a watch in this price range, but I guess that is what the warranty is for.

This would be my first warranty claim and I bought it from an out of state dealer. Is there anyone who has been in a similar position? I'm not sure if it is best to contact the AD that sold me the watch or one that is close to home.

Thanks

2. txtchfn Apr 27, 2022

I just bought an SMP 300 and the clasp did the same thing after 4 days. Very frustrating but I sent the bracelet back and stuck a leather strap on it. I sent it to Omegas service shop in Miami and got an email the other day of a month and a half turnaround time. I absolutely love the watch.

3. Doc Olives Apr 27, 2022

If you're still under warranty, any respectable AD should facilitate your having it sent back to Omega for you. I do not believe (but could definitely be wrong here) that they are required to send it in for you, but most good ADs should want to earn your business for the future. As long as you have the warranty card and are polite about it they may even cover the shipping for you. If you're close to an OB, even easier.

Sorry you're having to deal with this on a new watch.

4. Bruins531 Apr 27, 2022

I have a rubber strap coming tomorrow and will throw that on before sending the bracelet in.

How did you initiate sending it to the service center? I'm guessing if I were to take it to any AD they would do the same?

5. Bruins531 Apr 27, 2022

Thanks. I'll stop by the one near me.

6. txtchfn Apr 27, 2022

I bought the watch from Omega online. So I just called the customer service and they sent me an email with the instructions. I did call my local AD and they wanted to charge me 75 dollars just to mail it back to the same Omega center. I think it cost me 12 dollars sending it with UPS. My local AD is not very friendly or helpful. You might have a lot better luck with yours. I would assume you could also do the sending it yourself. Once the repair center received the bracelet they ent me an email saying what work would be done and a estimated time it would take. It was a very simple process on my end.

Edited Apr 27, 2022
    Bruins531 likes this.
  7. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Apr 27, 2022

Spray with WD 40?

8. Tim Plains Apr 27, 2022

I wouldn't bother with an AD if that happened to me unless they had someone in house who works on them. Take / send it directly to the nearest Omega repair center or Omega authorized watchmaker.

Bruins531 likes this.
  9. keepsonticking Apr 27, 2022

starbot1, txtchfn and Doc Olives like this.