Forums Latest Members

Bushel of Seamasters or Seamaster/Speedy Pro combo?

1. scapa Sep 30, 2019

Hi all,

I've enjoyed reading up on the stories and history of Omegas new and old on this forum over the past few months, and have come to a bit of crossroads regarding my next watch purchase -- the last, I'm afraid, for a while. I own and enjoy a Pelagos, bought as part of a family set in memorium for our father who passed away. Last year I picked up a 2018 SMP 300 (black wave) in a trade. It's a great watch, but I find it heavy on the bracelet, and find myself wearing the Pelagos and a vintage Seamaster DeVille more often (there is always the rubber or NATOs, of course).

Fast forward to last week, when I stumbled on a BNIB Seamaster Pro 300 Trilogy at my Omega AD for a great price and fell in love with it -- bought it on the spot, despite being in there to buy a Speedy Pro or FOIS. My quandary now is whether to hang onto the SMP 300, and forsake or put off the Speedy, or sell the SMP and rejoin the hunt.

I'm generally happier with a smaller stable of watches that I enjoy wearing and feel less guilt about than trying to rotate through a cast of thousands, but I recognize the beauty and technical excellence of the SMP 300. So the question is, many Seamaster or fewer and a Speedy, and perhaps the delayed onset of Watchus Nervosa about the one that got away.

Opnions welcome, for and against, and thanks all again for the wealth of information and anecdote here.

regards,

Scapa

2. SeanO Oct 2, 2019

if the Trilogy does the Seamaster thing then by all means flip the ones you don't like for a Speedy Pro or FOIS.

or.... buy a couple of straps (Omega OEM or otherwise as well as a deployant) for the SMP and continue to save for the Speedy variant of your dreams.