British Royal Military Cal.30T2

Hi guys

I'm new to the forum and new to the vintage watch scene so bare with me!

I'm wondering whether this watch is real or fake.

I understand you would like pics of movement and case back but I'm bed ridden due to injury at the moment so can't get my watch to my repair friend for inside pics at the moment.
If this post is futile I do understand and apologise now. I'll post pics when I can.

The info I was provided at purchase is as follows:

British Omega Military watch 30T2 movement all original apart from repainted dial.
Back number: 10674694
Order number: Y10495
Signed on dial, crown back, inside back cover and movement (again it obviously requires opening to justify this)

As per pics has WWW markings and military arrow.

Case appears to be 33mm (40mm mark on the tape measure is at very end of watch) and finishes at 73m - paralex error appears large in photos!

From this little info is it possible to tell if it's fake or real?

Any info appreciated

I'll also add that this was very cheap so I'm dubious but I really like the watch and it keeps time really well. I'm happy with my purchase, having it not be fake would make me even happier!!!

I appreciate may have to 'revive' the thread once I've got the back off.

Thanks in advance.

Stu

PS Aplogies re blurry photo, this shows omega sign

I think at the very least the dial has been repainted and the hands are the wrong shape and length.
Makes me suspicious about the rest.
Case looks very new for a 70+ year old watch.

I think at the very least the dial has been repainted and the hands are the wrong shape and length.
Makes me suspicious about the rest.
Case looks very new for a 70+ year old watch.

Thanks for your reply - makes sense. Is it possible that it's polished back to this 'level' of quality?
Either way I will open it up and learn some more and thanks again for your reply.

Cheers

Stu

The dial is either repainted or a fake. All 3 hands are incorrect as is the crown.
Who knows whats going on inside....

Sorry looks like a complete fake to me, the exact same dial is often found on fakes from Thailand

The case and case back are fairly accurate copies but still not right especially around the fixed bars & W.W.W engraving

If it was below $150 I'd keep it, If more & you can still get a refund do

Regards
Mr.H
Edited:

Sorry looks like a complete fake to me, the exact same dial is often found on fakes from Thailand

The case and case back are fairly accurate copies but still not right especially around the fixed bars & W.W.W engraving

If it was below $150 I'd keep it, If more & you can still get a refund do

Regards
Mr.H

Thanks so much (especially Mr H for putting a 'price guide', it was just under $200 so I guess expensive for a fake but I do like it and now won't worry as much about wearing 'the fake' as often.

I appreciate the wealth of info here and to be honest am now keen to get my hands on a genuine!

Thanks again for the info, it really is appreciated.

Stu

Standby for further questions!

I got to look inside today:

Please message me (or post here) with any tips on PayPal dispute info as I may have to take this path.

Also feel free to point out what you see wrong.

Thanks

Confirming the fake: with photos

Ah, another newbie to ask advice after pulling the trigger. Sorry you have to go through that, but at least it wasn't nearly as much as a genuine W.W.W. example would cost

I'd say that at the least the dial is fake or repainted, and the case (esp. the case back) looks fake. Here is mine for comparison:

Surely the movement and iron ring are worth more than $200 (if the movement works)?

Surely the movement and iron ring are worth more than $200 (if the movement works)?

I am not so sure. You could find much better 30 cal. exemples for less of 200 $ (even the first ones with silver plating and no incabloc). I do not know if the ring adds so much value, does it?

Thanks for the feedback guys, especially the photos.

And yes "another newbie...." But lesson learnt and I'm enjoying the forum too.

So many beautiful watches....not enough money

Hi! Could anyone give feedback on this one?
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Is there anything considered by the resident experts as the definitive guide to Military Omegas (thinking the equivalent of speedmaster101.com for the speedmaster)? I'd love to learn more about these pieces.