Forums Latest Members

SOLD R.A.F issued British Military - CWC asymmetric chronograph 6BB - Valjoux 7733

1. bardamu Jan 19, 2023

Hi all,
    I decided to part with my sterile dial vintage military chronograph issued to British Royal Air Force (6BB) in 1974.
    I've got this watch six months ago from a nice swedish collector, I'm selling it because I bought two of these practically in a row (you know the drill :rolleyes:), so this one now has to go.

Watch was completely overhauled in april 2021 by a professional in Sweden and the receipt of the job done will be of course part of the sale.

39mm famous asymmetric stainless steel case with screw-down caseback looks to be unpolished and in good general conditions. Fixed lugs are intact, they take a 20mm strap or nato.
    Some minor signs of marks and wear are there as expected but nothing major. The caseback military issue engravings are in very good condition. I was told by the previous owner that the watch went through a full service by the MoD in the UK during which pushers were replaced. Everything else -glass, unsigned crown, handset -is original.

Please note that caseback is very tight and I couldn't open it with my plastic ball, so no pics from the movement and inside caseback at the moment. That said, I can guarantee that movement is marked CWC and on the receipt from the service you can read the regular case serial number from the inside caseback.
    Obviously, if those pics are a deal breaker for a potential buyer, I will have the watch opened by a watchmaker without any problems :)

Speaking of the movement, valjoux 7733 runs strong, and the same goes for the chrono functions.

Matte black sterile dial with white graphic is in very nice conditions. It lacks the CWC logo and only features the required military markings including the tritium designation and the British military arrow.
    Sterile dials are not so rarely seen and discussed in the world of military vintage watches, which I'm not an expert on, just a curious and willing fan. Some say they are dials replaced by MoD in the 70s, others that they were done to reduce the exposure of information in the event that the soldier was captured.
    Anyway, they are fully original, well known and NOT repainted or redone in any way.

Watch comes with an good quality and almost new dark blue 20mm nato strap.

Please ask me via pm for any doubt about the watch. I will reply as fast as possible.

Watch and me are located in Rome, Italy. I'm asking 1890 euros shipped with tracking code and ensured with Secursus everywhere within EU. Overseas transactions are welcome with shipping costs and modality to be decided with buyer.
    Bank wire strongly preferred, a face to face in Rome is possible.

I have some good feedbacks so far on OF at the following links, but plenty of references from other international fora and ebay to provide if needed:

https://omegaforums.net/search/14473580/?q=bardamu&o=date&c[title_only]=1

https://omegaforums.net/search/21805395/?q=alessandro&o=date&c[title_only]=1

Before posting some pics, thanks a lot OF for the opportunity and thanks you all for looking.
    Alessandro

166454223474120220930_144931.jpg cwc1 (1).jpg cwc2 (1).jpg cwc3 (1).jpg cwc4 (1).jpg cwc5 (1).jpg cwc6 (1).jpg cwc7.jpg 20230118_145620.jpg 20220923_090438.jpg 20220923_111325.jpg
    Edited Jan 19, 2023
    levkov, George.A, Zdzislaw and 18 others like this.
  2. bardamu Jan 19, 2023

I must add an important update: as someone rightly pointed out, hour and minutes hands have been relumed back in 2015 or 2016 by John Senior, a well known english watchmaker specialized in military watches, to match the lume on indexes, which is original.
    I know this from the previous owner and I was convinced I wrote it in the ad. But I did not. My bad, so sorry for that.

George.A, flw, YYTIN and 3 others like this.
  3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jan 22, 2023

great looking CWC - Cabot Watch & Clock company chronograph :thumbsup:

bardamu likes this.
  4. bardamu Jan 26, 2023

Watch is now sold. Thanks OF :)

YYTIN likes this.