Forums Latest Members
  1. Pazzo Feb 9, 2021

... issues around VAT, WatchGecko stopped shipping to my country.

Anyone else hit by Brexit?

2. LesXL Feb 9, 2021

The UK most probably

MtV, SpikiSpikester, Lonestar and 3 others like this.
  3. Pazzo Feb 9, 2021

..and other countries with it it seems.

Syrte likes this.
  4. Ascalon Feb 11, 2021

Things are a bit awkward in Ireland too.
    I had to change my Amazon to .de!

Oh, the huge manatee!

SmithSJ, Pazzo and spinnaker11 like this.
  5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 11, 2021

Since I seem to recall you’re in Brussels, you surely must remember Michel Barnier called it a “lose-lose” deal. ;)
    Indeed it’s interesting to see how it plays out “on the ground”.

LesXL likes this.
  6. TimeODanaos Feb 11, 2021

Mark020 and Dries like this.
  7. Franco Feb 11, 2021

Shipping anything, including cheap items to EU from here (UK), has became problematic. Looks really like a special interest is now taken to punish imports from UK. Will probably smoothen up with time

8. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Feb 11, 2021

Tariffs are the norm in international trade. If I buy a watch from Japan or the US, I — and all other EU residents— have to pay import taxes of 20% plus administrative fees.

The EEC then EU was created to facilitate trade by eliminating tariffs and red tape, and to allow people, goods, and financial flows to move freely in a seamless trade area.
    The idea being that being bound together would create common ties and interests that would make wars impossible in Europe. it has worked.
    Europe and the Western world enjoyed unprecedented peace and prosperity as a result.

You remove the EU means you revert back to the old system of tariffs, import taxes and red tape.

Edited Feb 11, 2021
    MtV, Lonestar, wristpirate and 5 others like this.
  9. LesXL Feb 11, 2021

I'm afraid there are rarely any winners in any type of divorce. Nobody was going to be better alone or with fewer family members.

Unfortunately, as often the case, children, in this case the younger generation, are the one having to pay the decisions of their parents.

It is always harder to face a new situation or rebuild oneself, when fake news or false hopes were given rather than facts.

I am a strong believer of Belgium national motto... "L'Union fait la force" :)

It is a pity for all involved parties, one cannot leave a club but wish to profit of its membership benefits.

The club should obviously aim to build a new partnership, but as respect to its members, could not offer better terms to non-members.

Processes "in the ground" will adapt, and after a normal discovery phase, things will go back to a more efficient status. Though, additional costs related to new services and procedures will remain, they will just be streamlined/optimised.

Edited Feb 11, 2021
    Dries and TimeODanaos like this.
  10. Ness Mar 5, 2021

LesXL likes this.
  11. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Mar 5, 2021

Interesting headline, too bad FT’s only available through subscription....

MtV likes this.