Breitling Navitimer Thoughts

I'm not surprised you're intrigued as they're great watches. In my eye, one of the most iconic chronographs in the history of wristwatches. I've had one for more than a decade and if you're curious, check it out in this post (skip the wall of text and move directly to the pictures).

As for the model you're looking at, it's a later one with the larger subdials. Serial puts it in 1966 which is about right. I'm not personally a fan of these, as I like the earlier smaller sub dials. The case looks polished on the lugs and back case, where 806 is almost gone. The sides are supposed to be brushed, but can't really tell from the photos if the original finish is there. It shows some rust spots on the back and a few spots on the movement. Understandable with the age and design, but not something you'd want. The dial looks fine to me, except the lume which is weird, but I don't know these so well as to give solid feedback.

All in all, it depends what you're looking for. My opinion is that if you're spending a bunch of money for a watch you want, spend a bit more and get the best condition you can afford. Otherwise this is a fine watch if you get it cheap.

They are good watches and very collectible, but very big, complicated, and busy. I had one and decided to sell it. I now prefer the smaller chronomats, 769, 808, etc.
Edited:

I bought one of the re-edition versions that came out about four years ago, a spitting image of the original in size, material and function. Super cool watch which has a great history and following, but I sold it a few years later to help fund my new Ed White 321. Glad I had one in my collection for a while and my itch was scratched, but not sorry to let it go.