Forums Latest Members

Breitling Extract from the Archives?

1. dsacks30 Aug 12, 2020

I stumbled upon a listing in the Hodinkee shop today for a vintage Breitling Navitimer 806, and while I’m not interested in their example I noticed the following in the listing:

“a digital Extract from the Archives of Breitling will be sent to the new owner stating the date of case manufacture (February 1956), serial number, reference number, case material, and movement.”

My understanding is that Breitling does not offer any extracts because the current owners do not have the brand’s old records, and these were lost when Breitling went bankrupt years back. I’ve never seen a Breitling sold with an extract.

Has anyone gotten an extract from Breitling? What’s going on here? Will they be introducing this service?

2. Gulosten Jan 27, 2021

Anyone have any info about this? :)

3. asrnj77 Jan 31, 2021

Perhaps they’re conflating the extract with the certificate of authenticity?

70F7290B-3CD2-4568-95DD-8D391F9A7A7E.jpeg
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 17, 2021

I've got several extracts from Breitling lately and they do not provide any additional information compared to what Omega do in their Extract from Archives.

Unfortunately Breitling do not mention the destination market for example. And theit production date is narrowed to a month, not a specific date p.ex. May 1945.

JimJupiter likes this.
  5. asrnj77 Feb 17, 2021

Still better than my Zenith extract which provided me with a three month window. Zenith requested a lot of pictures but I got the feeling that they were using the pictures to write up the extract.

kov and JimJupiter like this.