Forums Latest Members

BREAKING NEWS - 50th Anniversary Apollo 11 in Steel Revealed

1. taz101 May 20, 2019

Ooh what’s a master list I want one

2. kilofinal May 20, 2019

It looks good from a distance. That's the only way I'd want to look at it

shoota70 likes this.
  3. Clintos77 May 20, 2019

It’s a commemorative piece and although limited it’s not out of the reach of everyone I'd hazard a guess ..if you want one you’ll probably be able to get one, maybe that’s just how it’s meant to be, if I had 8 thousand pounds and was looking to buy my next Omega after just purchasing a New, hesalite Moonwatch would I go for this ...no, but I understand why many would for the 50th anniversary take on the watch.

Personally I like it but it lacks originality, for me this watch should showcase as many original features as possible but be modernised in a subtle but grown up way but it does feel like what Omega are actually calling it, as a ‘novelty’ by their own admissions , and it does actually feel that way.

If you like it,,,and can afford it then buy it ! Like most things in this world hey

4. pongster May 20, 2019

It wasnt meant to symbolize the first man on the moon. That’s armstrong. Who left his speedy on the craft.

That’s meant to symbolize the speedmaster arriving on the moon (since the watch itself didn’t step on the surface).

watcholone likes this.
  5. shoota70 May 20, 2019

At least it looks good from far away

Traveler, Vix, Mtnmansa and 1 other person like this.
  6. TLIGuy May 21, 2019

I appear to be the only one that is concerned about this but to tie it up....It looks like “manking” strikes again.

From my contact at Omega:

“You were 100% corrrect on the time of Neil's step on the moon. I sent that to the powers to be and ask them to correct what they had. You would think they would pass that through me so I could verify if it was correct or not.

Thanks again for letting me know.”

larryganz, lando and Omegafanman like this.
  7. larryganz The cable guy May 21, 2019

OMG! Hahah good catch. Saved the day!

TLIGuy likes this.
  8. alam May 21, 2019

Agree with your nonsense characterization of its NASA adornments --and to think many thought the caseback of the FOIS was a silly design :coffee: but in my view, that's almost a childish looking sub dial design on this new 50th Anniversary model :(

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.09.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.53.14 PM.png
  9. taz101 May 21, 2019

One could call the snoopy dial childish..

10. Evitzee May 21, 2019

Hee, hee......good one.

One could also make the point that most young boys give up the 'butt' jokes of childhood by the time they turn 12 years old or so and get interested in girls. But there certainly are a lot of suppressed childish feelings here when you look at the continued references to Aldrin's butt on the subdial.

11. LeonDeBayonne May 21, 2019

The main issue with the FOIS caseback design is that the dirt gets in the cracks and small holes.I guess it just might be the same with the 50th anniversary's caseback design.

12. TLIGuy May 21, 2019

So Buzz’s crack is immune to dirt?

13. Duckie May 21, 2019

True.
    But i would describe the Snoopy as being more playfull and fun whilst transcending the novelty factor, even though it is actually intended as a novelty. It does sort of commemorate a significant defining period in NASA.
    Just a bit more significant than Russell yoyo's.

The execution of the Snoopy is good and I honestly think there would be few people that would disagree even if it wasn't to their personal taste.

Steve88M3 likes this.
  14. tjs May 21, 2019

The watch owner is being "mooned" :)

15. LeonDeBayonne May 21, 2019

Meaning?

16. Riviera Paradise May 21, 2019

My personal experience was that at a young age my developing interest in girls is actually when "butts" became a relevant subject for discussion, but each to his own:)

Ref. the 50th sub dial, I know this is subjective, but for me it just looks silly.

Seriously, at a first glance I thought it looked like an astronaut stuck and trying to wriggle out of a door or window.

Why not just put a LEM rendition, or something discreet on the subdial? The footprint on the back is the real attraction, there was no need to go OTT with the sub dial.

lando and Traveler like this.
  17. pianomankd May 21, 2019

Buy a generic leather strap and then grab a knife and start slicing slicing it up. Boom. Homemade.

18. taz101 May 21, 2019

I am not one of those people. My opinion was that is how an astronaut descends a ladder in zero gravity and that is his first step on the moon albeit with the Speedy as passenger hence the picture is correct

19. kilofinal May 21, 2019

too bad Omega couldn't have produced a lenticular image of Buzz on the subdial,so it would have simulated the motion of him climbing down when tilted

20. Screwbacks May 21, 2019

the grey dial is really that bad looking. :(