Forums Latest Members

Bracelet question for Speedmaster 38 mm 324.30.38.50.01.001

1. ChrisJackson Sep 18, 2019

Advice please!

I have a preference for automatic watches, with date, of a small/medium size. I presently own a 36mm Datejust, Cartier Tank Francaise and an early 1990s Omega Speedmaster Reduced (two tone steel and yellow gold with white face) and this watch, with the “look” of the moonwatch (sort of) but with an automatic movement and a date complication has caught my eye as a fourth watch to add to my small collection.

However I cannot find a huge amount of information about this watch on this site and the internet generally, but from the pictures on the web it appears not to have any fine adjustment on the bracelet. Is this correct? Omega’s website tells me that if I order direct from them they can size it in half centimetre steps, suggesting the links are half a centimetre in size. If correct, there could be quite a jump between “too tight” and “too loose”. Have other owners found this a problem, and if so what did they do to resolve it? Do half links exist?

2. mjb Oct 5, 2019

I've been looking at this one too, recently. Did you buy it, or find the information you were looking for, or anything that would help me to decide? LOL, it's all about me.

It doesn't seem to be very popular, but I'm looking for an alternative to the 42mm for my tiny wrist.

3. Nefreet Oct 5, 2019

Greetings,

There are no half-links, or micro-adjustments, but the links themselves are much smaller than the traditional Moonwatch, so there is less chance of that "too big" or "too tight" feeling.

If you're close to an OMEGA Boutique, or authorized dealer, pop in to see how it fits you!

4. ChrisJackson Oct 6, 2019

No, I didn't buy it. There are no Omega boutiques near me, and the local dealer did not have one in stock to try. There must be alternative bracelets, whether Omega or third party that would fit, but I haven't had the time to investigate.

5. ChrisJackson Oct 6, 2019

Also, UK prices have jumped quite a lot, which got me wondering - do I want to spend £4000 on a watch that is missing a simple thing like fine adjustment, something that a £40 quartz watch from a supermarket does have.

I did ask Omega if they had any suggestions. There response was:

"I have noted your comments and must advise, the bracelet for model 324.30.38.50.01.001 does not consist of half links, therefore the sizing of the bracelet can only be ascertained by the adding or removing of the full links.

I am sorry I could not respond more favorably, should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. "
    which was not very helpful.

6. IanES Oct 6, 2019

Maybe 15 years ago I had an automatic chronograph almost identical to the moonwatch but slightly smaller.

Anyway - the bracelet was terrible. Don't know how they made it. Maybe the size and shape of the links. But there was something about it that just pulled at the hairs on my wrist. it was a real hair puller.

I couldn't live with that so it had to go.

I now have a similar sized Auto speedmaster . The one with the month, day of the week. (pic of that in my profile) and that's on leather.