Forums Latest Members
  1. owl. Nov 30, 2021

Hello Omega fans.

After much much MUCH, thinking I have decided that my next watch will probably be the new Speedmaster Hesalite on bracelet.

My previous Speedy, I bought from an AD (authorized dealer).

Is there any benefit to buying from a boutique vs buying from an AD?

I met a cool guy in a boutique that is 6 hours away from me this summer. I am wondering if I should drive other there to buy it, or just drive 30 minutes to the AD and buy it there.

Further, my AD will probably give me discount. The boutique I am sure wouldn't.

2. ToMBeRi Nov 30, 2021

if you are going to want to opt for future purchases of hot pieces: boutique.
    if you're only going to buy that watch: AD

3. 140dave Nov 30, 2021

Good answer from a new member.
    You will most likely pay more going to a Boutique over an AD but depends on which relationship you want to build. Building one w/an AD may not get you the hot Omega limited pieces but if you like other brands they carry then loyalty works that way also. If cost is the primary concern go AD (IMO).

david5807 and owl. like this.
  4. Donn Chambers Nov 30, 2021

Unless you are looking for a special addition that is only sold in a boutique, then there is no benefit -- other than you might get an Omega-branded freebie. I got a ballpoint pen when I bought my First Omega is Space Speedmaster from a boutique in Vienna. Only reason I bought it there was because the dollar was strong against the Euro at the time, so the price was about $500 cheaper than my AD (even with a 10% discount) and my AD never had one.

owl. likes this.
  5. Gixnic Nov 30, 2021

Go AD, you might get a smaall discount plus Omega prices for specific watches might be going up soon.

owl. likes this.
  6. ToMBeRi Nov 30, 2021

I read the forum a lot, even before I register, and I learn a lot from you. what happens that my english is not very good hehehe

paulie8777 and owl. like this.
  7. Daru Nov 30, 2021

I got 18% off on my new speedy pro sapphire sandwich…from an AD who carries a host of other brands as well. Very little to no actual haggling. I just asked for a discount. The Omega Boutique buying experience was appealing, though, and I like the idea of having access to future limited edition pieces. Practically speaking, though, my next watch likely won’t be an Omega, as I am just looking to build a diverse three-watch collection.

owl. likes this.
  8. Evitzee Nov 30, 2021

I've only bought from a boutique once, but have not had any hot watches offered me in the 2 1/2 years since. It's nice they recognize me when I visit every few months but no big advantage. Buy AD and save some money, driving six hours will cost money (car depreciation, fuel, food and maybe a hotel room). Not worth it imo.

owl. likes this.
  9. owl. Nov 30, 2021

Gosh, 18%??

I was hoping to negotiate maybe a 5% or 10%

10. owl. Nov 30, 2021

Thank you.

The only other watch that I MIGHT be interested in is the 321 Speedy...

but I'm not sure about that anyway.

11. 3rdstringholder Nov 30, 2021

I made 2 purchases from 2 different boutiques last year and was not made to feel like I have any inside track to special pieces in any way. I did get minimal discounts on both watches and at one of the stores got several freebies, but certainly I'm no high roller at either location....I'd like to blame it on the pandemic, but get the feeling this is their normal course of business.

Edited Dec 1, 2021
    jaybrams and owl. like this.
  12. pete26 Nov 30, 2021

I only went Boutique because there is one in my city. I would not drive 6 hours

owl. likes this.
  13. texasmade Nov 30, 2021

I'm not too sure how the boutique you went to operates but mine doesn't call me up out of the blue to offer me a special production/LE piece. For me to get my Snoopy 50 I went in and asked about putting down a deposit. I'm sure it also helped that I do stop in a couple times a year and try to buy some accessory to change the look of my watch.

owl. likes this.
  14. eternalover Dec 1, 2021

I suspect we got categorised when we visit the boutiques. If you spend under x I wouldn’t expect much…..

owl. likes this.
  15. mjb Dec 1, 2021

This. On that Rolex forum, there's all kinds of talk about "forming a relationship" and such nonsense to get a piece. In the real world, these things only happen to whales. For us real people, it doesn't matter.

Go to the AD, get a good price.

owl. and bpsmith like this.
  16. eternalover Dec 1, 2021

I am going to be in the under x category. When I turn up in a boutique, security come and stand close!

MrFriday* and owl. like this.
  17. eternalover Dec 1, 2021

So I agree AD esp w slower selling models

18. owl. Dec 1, 2021

Hahaha love it

19. owl. Dec 1, 2021

Are you suggesting I am not "real" simply because I am a loaded whale?

Just kidding!

I wish I was a whale XD

20. alam Dec 1, 2021

Many boutiques have Nespresso machines and chilled Pellegrino water -- I always ask for a short Kazar and Pellegrino w/o ice :)

owl., pete26 and s0ckpupp3t like this.