Bought a new loupe - can't believe what slipped though Omega's QC!

First off, let me say that I have never owned a loupe before.

I didn't see the value it being able to see parts of my watch close up. Being able to tell the time was enough for me.

But then with all the posts here about Omega's ongoing "QC fails", I thought I should grab a loupe and check out some of my watches.

I cannot believe what I found!

First off, the loupe - I bought it on eBay from this really nice guy in Florida, apparently it's ex government? I'll admit that it is a lot bigger than the other loupes I've seen people using, but the extra magnification settings seemed worth having.

hst-sm4.jpeg

Now this is a complex bit of kit - apparently it has to stay in orbit... something about ongoing commitments to science, but I got sent about 200 kilograms of user manuals, and a palm pilot with access codes.

To get it to work, I just have to hold the watch out of the window at the right time of day, and BLAMO!

Today I thought it might be interesting to see if the dial on my TinTin is filled with as many flaws as some other recent Omega watches, so out the window it goes.

For reference, here's how it looks on my wrist, at 30 centimetres:

IMG_1729.JPG

And here is what my new loupe picked up:

fb6ca528-a75e-4bc6-8a59-d7bfbc12e181-2060x1896.jpeg

Now you can't see this with the naked eye AT ALL, but it's just to the left of the running seconds counter. And now I know it's there, I don't know what to do?

Should I complain?

Do you think they'll fix this?

Any advice much appreciated.

Please don't suggest I ask Omega, I only want opinions of people on the internet who can in no way fix the issue.

Demand a new Speedmaster.

That's the only way they'll learn.

I just don’t think that’s enough compensation for the trauma.

I’m going to demand that they make me the Chairman of the Swatch Group. This seems entirely reasonable.

Oh, the horror!

Right?!

I mean, what the heck Omega?!

How did the three-light-year-tall pillar of gas and dust that forms 'Mystic Mountain' in the Carina Nebula get onto the dial of my Speedmaster?!

Stop complaining. I looked at my Speedmaster through a loupe and one of the subdials has an image of Gilbert Gottfried. 😲

Stop complaining. I looked at my Speedmaster through a loupe and one of the subdials has an image of Gilbert Gottfried. 😲

That must be incredibly distracting!

It wouldn’t bother me much if it was on the dial of a from moon to mars Speedy, but I couldn’t leave with it on a TinTin.😗

Those model loupes are known to have improper lens specifications. Good luck having that fixed 😵‍💫

oh no!!!!!
can somebody please call @Archer on this serious matter?!?!

How did the three-light-year-tall pillar of gas and dust that forms 'Mystic Mountain' in the Carina Nebula get onto the dial of my Speedmaster?!

Is it just me, or would anyone else actually pay for a dial with this on it?

oh no!!!!!
can somebody please call @Archer on this serious matter?!?!

The inspection on this one is done at 300 light years distance, with the naked eye, under 100 suns worth of light...

One accretion disc can ruin your whole day. What a nightmare!

Is it just me, or would anyone else actually pay for a dial with this on it?

Or a t-shirt where the entire t-shirt is this print... tie-dye style. 😎