Forums Latest Members

Boeing 737 Max Aircraft - Would You Fly On One?

1. kkt Mar 2, 2024

If I did fly one, I would definitely check that my seat belt was securely fastened about 50 times during the flight.

2. Tayne Mar 3, 2024

Maybe also check that your seat belt was securely bolted to the seat and the seat was securely bolted to the floor and ….

noelekal likes this.
  3. Pvt-Public Mar 3, 2024

Like that’s really going to help::stirthepot::

4. drhex Mar 4, 2024

To my knowledge the Max isn't an unstable design, it just behaves differently to earlier 737 in some corner cases with the additional leverage created by the engines. That is why MCAS was introduced to allow pilots with NG type ratings to fly it without additional training (-> money saved). The fact that airframes are trimmed into an unstable state at high cruise to save fuel is a different matter. Ethiopian shouldn't have happened - of course the pilots want to walk away, too, but by then this potential issue was well documented.
    I'd fly on a Max any day, Boeing needs to fix its QA nonetheless.

5. Fallout Boy Mar 7, 2024

Who flies UNITED? ::popcorn::

united.jpg

6. fenderjapan Mar 7, 2024

I've flown on a bunch of Max variants with no problems. They are comfortable and smooth.
    737's are built to survive a whole lot of failure, abuse, and even straight up neglect. I don't worry too much in a 737.
    Only time I have been on a 737 with a mechanical failure was a 737-800. Reverse thruster failure. We landed on a longer runway to compensate. Smoothest landing I ever experienced.

That said, I don't fault anyone for wanting to avoid the max series.

kkt likes this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2024

This reminds me of a conference that the facility I worked at hosted many years ago. It was all the head engineers from all over the world for our company, so it was a big deal for our rather small facility to host it. My boss, the engineering manager, put out the agenda and at the time it was popular to use the term "wheels up" for the airport departure time for all the guests.

English was his second language, and he ended the agenda with "wheels off" instead... ::facepalm1:: :D

noelekal, MRC and Fallout Boy like this.
  8. Twocats Married... with children Mar 8, 2024

Omegafanman likes this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 8, 2024

josiahg52 likes this.
  10. samweldspoorly Mar 8, 2024

This today:

11. Twocats Married... with children Mar 8, 2024

The lines in the taxiway are pretty clear but it happens very frequently, although, not always this spectacular.

12. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 11, 2024

13. samweldspoorly Mar 11, 2024

Holy hell! That scares the ever living shit out of me!!!

14. DoctorEvil Mar 12, 2024

15. Twocats Married... with children Mar 12, 2024

Very suspicious indeed. It makes no sense at all to do such a thing mid trial. Boeing walks now which makes it even more suspicious.

16. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 12, 2024

Interestingly this man’s death may have actually caused a small rebound in the share price were it not for the fact that it coincided with the opening of a criminal investigation:

https://www.proactiveinvestors.com....ip-as-us-launches-criminal-probe-1042882.html

and with a 787 incident that left 50 injured due to “technical problems”

https://www.reuters.com/business/ae...zing-black-boxes-latam-boeing-787-2024-03-12/

Omegafanman and samweldspoorly like this.
  17. Twocats Married... with children Mar 12, 2024

Anyone with a little life experience would find this whole incident alarming. My gut is telling me it's foul play. I hope the investigation is performed in correct way to determine the actual cause. I am not pointing fingers at anyone as right now all possibilities are on the table from suicide to disgruntled share holder to a random attack, we just dont know.

The increase in BA shares may well be down to a military contract they have signed and its the military side of the company that is the real money maker. Boeing commercial is done for and the only way they will compete with Airbus is by underselling the aircraft. Embraer must be asking themselves serious questions about the recent agreement to have Boeing on board.

Omegafanman likes this.
  18. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 12, 2024

Yea I mean I’m not thinking there’s some professional hit here, but it’s also possible that this guy may have been threatened, blackmailed, etc. We do know he faced severe professional repercussions for coming forward which isn’t uncommon for whistleblowers but at a certain point in that process I’m sure lawyers representing various parties would have been threatening to come after him and his family civilly and any other way possible in order to discredit, discourage or destroy the guy which could have brought him to this point.

A friend of mine locally was a very prominent lawyer who publicly quit his firm and leaked documents to the press after being ordered to harass, threaten, bankrupt and destroy the lives of protestors opposing a major corporate client. He just reached a point where the money, incredible as it was didn’t justify the amount of human damage he was being asked to do and pulled the pin.

Dash1, Zman4eva, Omegafanman and 4 others like this.
  19. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 12, 2024

20. abrod520 Mar 12, 2024

The LATAM incident doesn't sound like aircraft malfunction to me. Turbulence incidents have been getting worse due to global warming and while the commercial aviation industry has gotten really good at avoiding the run of the mill stuff we haven't yet figured this out

samweldspoorly likes this.