1. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Jul 1, 2020

Hear, hear:)

Edited Jul 1, 2020
    ChiefMark and STANDY like this.
  2. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jul 1, 2020

I bought another case .......

ChiefMark likes this.
  3. ChiefMark Jul 1, 2020

I considered it... in the meantime I've been buying some additional straps for existing pieces, and just ordered the parts for the adjustable clasp mod to the Speedy bracelet. Amazing what a different strap can do to the feel of a watch. I admit that I previously didn't give it much thought. If I felt like a strap or leather strap watch, I put one on that came that way. When I wanted a bracelet, I did the same. Now I'm playing with changing straps much more often.

JwRosenthal and Spruce like this.
  4. JwRosenthal Jul 1, 2020

There are whole threads on this topic but yeah, straps and bracelets can totally transform a watch from meh- to wow. The pairing has to happen organically, you can’t just expect to throw a strap on and call it done- which does happen but not often in my experience. Here’s a case and point:
    This Tissot only came on a brown factory strap- no bracelet option. I first tried it on this pilot strap and thought is was pretty bad-ass:
    FFB42921-C33A-4AC9-81D3-C16D941FC6CA.jpeg
    But it just didn’t get much wear, so next put it on this lovely pebble Milanostrap
    6A91B933-0596-4059-A2BB-7AE650C8D4D3.jpeg
    but if felt a little too dressy and again, never wore it- then got the US polished Holzer
    44C6FB42-F1E0-4387-97AE-65D37A403CAB.jpeg
    Can’t get enough of it now.
    You can never have too many options and before you decide to cut bait on a watch, give a try on a couple other pairings.

Vitezi and ChiefMark like this.
  5. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Jul 1, 2020

Absolutely agree. And your Tissot looks so much better on the bracelet

6. ChiefMark Jul 1, 2020

Indeed! Because I could never get my Speedy bracelet to fit "right" it was easily my least worn watch. Found this mess and saw it on a horsehide strap and damn, new watch, wearing it frequently again. Almost as much as when my wrist was smaller and it fit. I'm excited to get the adjustable clasp mod done and be able to switch back and forth.

The only Omega bracelet that seems to fit me throughout the day is the one that came on my 50th Anniversary GMT, 2534.50. That bracelet always was comfortable, but after 21 years I threw on a RubberB and it is also a new watch. Joining this forum ended in me having two watches that feel new again because I'm playing with straps.

JwRosenthal and Spruce like this.