Forums Latest Members
  1. griffith_500 Nov 21, 2019

Hello forum, new member here…;-)

To come right to the point I was never particularly interested in watches and for the last few years I was only wearing smart watches because I was into analyzing the data a lot…

Then, all of a sudden this changed and I started thinking that at well over 50 I might need a real watch for a change.

So after spending a lot of time on the different watch blogs and forums I decided that the Daytona WG was the one watch that ticked all the boxes for me. I liked the looks and the fact that it doesn’t depreciate even though it’s quite a substantial investment.

So I innocently walked into the local AD only to discover that to get that kind of watch you have to be a very patient person… Which I’m not. And the more I read about the mechanisms of the Rolex way of doing business the more I felt that this brand is not for me. And on top of that I discovered that now that I’d started to pay attention to what kind of watches people were wearing the ones that had a Rolex were in most cases easily categorized as posers… Now I know this is a huge generalization but that was just the impression I got.

Long story short; I’m still on the waitlist for the illusive Daytona but in the mean time I have acquired three beautiful Speedmasters and even if the call from the AD should eventually arrive I think I will pass on it… I’d rather wait for the Snoopy LE due in 2020…;-)

This is not intended to be derogatory to any Rolex owner, but for me personally they won’t get any of my business. Especially since I learned that even the largest AD chain in my country is selling their stuff to the grey market to make a nice profit…

Hope you enjoy my small collection!

Cheers! IMG_2906.jpg

PhilF, oddboy, kakscy and 49 others like this.
  2. mzinski Nov 21, 2019

Very nice collection! Welcome!

griffith_500 likes this.
  3. rkim11 Nov 21, 2019

You have come to understand a lot very quickly. :thumbsup: Welcome!

griffith_500 likes this.
  4. JTridesbikes Nov 21, 2019

LOL,......... not another Rolex v. Omega thread!!

Those gather around here like fallen leaves in autumn!!

But you have some SERIOUS watches there!!! what's the one on the far right?

5. Martin_F Nov 21, 2019

The only Rolex vs. Omega I see here it that he was able to purchase three very nice Omega watches, while he's still waiting for the privilege to be allowed to buy a Rolex. Or not as he stated above.

Never look back and enjoy your Speedmasters!

JwRosenthal, jzra, hanky6 and 2 others like this.
  6. griffith_500 Nov 21, 2019

Speedmaster Racing Co-Axial... The one that started it all...;-)

JTridesbikes likes this.
  7. griffith_500 Nov 21, 2019

Thanks all for the welcome, and no, I don't want to start a war, this was just my personal story...;-)

JTridesbikes likes this.
  8. JTridesbikes Nov 21, 2019

I had never seen that one before. It looks good. How do you like the ceramic cases on the others? I've always wanted a darkside! Are they truly scratch resistant?

9. griffith_500 Nov 21, 2019

I can't really tell yet since I've only had them for a week... But general consensus is that they'd rather break than scratch... But even that is highly unlikely. I love the sparkle that they have...

T4Rdooh likes this.
  10. T4Rdooh Nov 21, 2019

Ive been wearing my Apollo 8 on and off for about 2 weeks now and ive dinged it once on the desk ::censored:: but no marks at all. cant speak for over a longer period of time though

11. MCC Nov 21, 2019

Nice looking watches and always useful to have someone else to blame :)

12. Omega-Q Nov 21, 2019

Serious question...they put you on the list without buying anything? Or is the AD the same AD you purchased your Omegas from? Congrats on Omega though...you have a nice collection already!

griffith_500 likes this.
  13. griffith_500 Nov 21, 2019

Thanks! Not the same AD. I bought the Omegas at the local boutique. But I was expecting that there would not be a waiting list for a precious metal one at all... But I was wrong... 3 to 6 months apparently...

14. jaguar11 Nov 21, 2019

Very sweet trio!

griffith_500 likes this.
  15. stevec14 Nov 21, 2019

Great trio. I have the Apollo 8 and love it. Would love a grey side but the finances can’t stretch at the moment. Fantastic.

griffith_500 likes this.
  16. dinexus Nov 21, 2019

No watch is worth a multiple year waitlist. Some quality priorities in this thread ;)

jankymutt and griffith_500 like this.
  17. T4Rdooh Nov 21, 2019

Great trio!

griffith_500 likes this.
  18. 03Hemi Nov 21, 2019

::popcorn:: Yeah, Omega is better than Rolex! ::stirthepot::

Duckie and griffith_500 like this.
  19. AntonisCy Nov 21, 2019

I would pick any of those 3 over a Daytona.

Duckie, griffith_500 and 03Hemi like this.
  20. griffith_500 Nov 21, 2019

Wow, such a warm reception! Confirms that I've made the right choice...;-)

Walrus, EricCsN and JTridesbikes like this.