Forums Latest Members

SOLD Black/White/Orange Tissot Navigator 45501 Chrono with Lemania 1341

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 15, 2020

Respectable OF members who don't bump daily,
    (the others really aren't... :D)

In an attempt to refocus my collection and to fund other watch extravaganza, I'm selling my Tissot Navigator 45501 with Cal. 1341 on the forum today..

This is a cool watch from the 70's, running on caliber 1341. This has has quite a few ties with Omega and a lot of commonalities with the famous caliber 1340, which can be found on some of Omega's finest C-cases, but also some speedies (Mk3, Mk4, and even in the 125 in COSC guise). Our very own @Andy K has gathered a lot of information on www.caliber1040.com on that great movement, and you can find some extra info here specifically on that 1341 version: https://www.calibre1040.com/calibre-1040-collectors-guide-movements/

The watch condition is very nice, whilst not perfect, so it is a very good one to wear without any afterthough :) I am disclosing everything I can observe when looking hard for imperfections, but as most of you know, these things really appear while scrutinizing closely... Not while you have it on the wrist :) The black dial was touched up with some discrete black spots on the top section. If you look under certain lightting angles, it also appears that the case had some polishing done to it too. As said, you have to look and know what you are looking for, check out the pics to make up your mind... What I can say is, when I wear it, I don't notice it! The caseback looks pretty good with one big scratch only.

All watch functions work properly, whilst the overall mechanism feel a bit "dry", so a service would be a good idea if you are going to wear it often. I have worn it a few times the past couple of years with zero issues, the watch seems to keep good vintage time (I have not timed it)

The orange 2-pc Nato that is on the pictures will be sold with the watch, it is a perfect match with the Orange fabric and the black hardware.

These watch designs have a lot of presence, and are soooo emblematic of the 70's, with funky colors (that fluo Orange wing-tipped hand! ::love::) and asymetric layout. They don't make them like this any more!

DSC_0340.JPG

Specs:
    Case size: 38.5mm ex. crown
    Crystal: Plexi
    Caliber: 1341, automatic, chrono, data
    Crown: Signed Tissot
    Lug width: 20mm
    Bracelet: Orange fabric, black hardware

DSC_0341.JPG
    DSC_0342.JPG
    DSC_0343.JPG
    DSC_0344.JPG
    DSC_0345.JPG
    DSC_0346.JPG

I would like to get 850USD/840CHF/785EUR/650GBP (other currencies available upon request) including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my bank account, net to me. I use both Transferwise and Revolut (big up to @@eugeneandresson here :D) to save you on fees, so it mostly just looks like a “local” wire regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (US buyers, I'm looking at you here...). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a CHF30 discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please. No paypal.

For ref - here is what's on C24... the cheapest one is 1175EUR (and it looks kinda bad, really :confused:)
    https://www.chrono24.de/tissot/ref-45501.htm#gref

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's)
    I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references by searching my username. I have met some omegaforums members in person in the Lemanic area as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't desperetely lowballing me - If you are, I will just ignore you ;)

Returns:
    I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn.

Payment:
    Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area.

Thank you OF for the space!
    Paul

Edited Feb 16, 2020
    Franz, watchdaddy1, Andy K and 7 others like this.
  2. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 18, 2020

Posting day + 1 bump :)

3. Jonathan40 Feb 18, 2020

PM sent

4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 20, 2020

OHPF... and now sold to a very efficient OF gentleman. Thank you to the buyer and to OF and the mods who watch after it, for such a great place and community. :thumbsup: Paul

Vitezi likes this.