Black onyx hour marker help

Hello guys I recently purchased my first Connie ref CD 168.004. I was so excited that I didn’t realize that it was missing the 3 o clock day-date onxy indicator does anyone know where I can get a replacement or have one for sale ? Also I’m looking for an original slim crown or something that will not stick out when wind set any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.
upload_2024-5-6_21-55-42.png

Can't see your photo.

It was in the other duplicate, now deleted, thread.

Not sure where you will find a replacement onyx-inset index- they can’t be easy to find.

Regarding the crown.
This is part of the waterproofing system on a Constellation, so it’s important you use the correct crown.
The original slim ‘hidden’ crowns are no longer produced and there are two correct replacement crowns, both protrude, one is more rounded than the other but of the two I personally prefer the non-rounded version.

A jeweller could make you an onyx insert. I don`t think it would be cheap even if onyx isn't the most expensive gem.
Or rescue a index from a wreck with repainted dial polished case.
Or just use black paint.

A jeweller could make you an onyx insert. I don`t think it would be cheap even if onyx isn't the most expensive gem.

The whole (small) index at 3 is missing - I suspect they would have to have an original to copy from to reproduce a credible copy of both the solid gold index and the onyx insert.

Or just use black paint.

Unlike later painted insets, Onyx inserts are 3-dimensional on Constellations, so paint wouldn't really do the job in this particular case

Or rescue a index from a wreck with repainted dial polished case.

This is probably the only real option - or find someone who has a wrecked 168.004 dial they want to break for parts (which is highly unlikely)
-and it would most likely have to be a small index from the correct dial as, because dial sizes differ, the small index size might differ also.

Hello guys I recently purchased my first Connie ref CD 168.004. I was so excited that I didn’t realize that it was missing the 3 o clock day-date onxy indicator does anyone know where I can get a replacement or have one for sale ? Also I’m looking for an original slim crown or something that will not stick out when wind set any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.
upload_2024-5-6_21-55-42.png
I’d see if I could negotiate a return.