Between these two Genève Dynamics, which would you pick?

The styling of the first generation Genève Dynamic and the robustness of the movements have won me over for my first vintage purchase. There's a couple that I have on my radar. I wanted to lay out the details of each one, and hopefully get your opinions on what you would pick. I appreciate any input that you guys can provide.

First off is a date only model, reference 166.0039, blue bullseye dial. This one comes with two original, dark blue Corfam straps, both seeing better days, with peeling of the underside lining. They both have Omega buckles. The dial shows patina. There are a couple of small, dark spots on the middle champagne ring, a very small spot of color degradation close to the 10 o'clock marker, and the lume shows aging/patina, having turned a light tan/cream with very minor spotting. Lettering on the dial does not appear to have been touched up, comparing it against as many examples as I can find. The case has been noticeably polished, but still shows the original "sunburst" finish on the top sides of the case, albeit not as strongly as an unpolished case. It has its original Omega crystal, with some light scratching, but no major issues. There is no recorded service history, but the cal. 565 movement is running at +1 SPD while flat, with a 256 degrees of amplitude, and a 0.3ms beat error. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think that the movement hasn't been neglected.

Secondly, we have a day/date model, reference 166.0079, blue bullseye dial. This is the watch body only, no strap or bracelet. I'd replace the strap on either anyway, or look for an original bracelet, so body only isn't a complete deal breaker. The dial is in nicer condition than the first, but the lume looks new, having no patina, and with a slightly off white/green tint. Other than a few specs of dust under the crystal, it looks flawless. This leads me to believe that the dial has had some touch up work in the past. The case does not show signs of polishing like the first, and still shows the original "sunburst" case finishing quite well. It too has an original Omega crystal in great condition, no issues to report. This one has no recorded service history as well, and the cal. 752 movement is running at +8 SPD. I don't know the other readings from the timegrapher.

First Watch:
zgaZTuu.jpg
NiOgTyE.jpg
jSYSQ27.jpg
Yt0OJqf.jpg
nocx5SV.jpg
kmB8aST.jpg
xisRatc.jpg
pxyveE3.jpg
NSOMK3w.jpg
g86APIn.jpg

Second Watch:
glhFIkU.jpg
73dI2pM.jpg
4AGqeZs.jpg
L1GYbHM.jpg
Edited:

I think he's Australian. American rednecks are pretty much over mullets.

The first is the better buy. I think that, even on Dynamics, the day/date option looks clunky and the right hand buckle on the first example is worth a few bucks on its own. The two Corfam straps have had their day, but are easily replaced with modern leather aftermarket straps. The Bullseye style dial in both examples is widely regarded to be the most collectible version of this model.

So are the mullets somehow the hairstyle equivalent of a Geneve Dynamic? That might be an interesting thread: what coiffure does each Omega model evoke?

OP, the message appears to be that photos will provoke more responses than links. If you have been reading the forum, you probably already know this.

OP, the message appears to be that photos will provoke more responses than links. If you have been reading the forum, you probably already know this.
I apologize if clicking the links to the two picture galleries I provided is too difficult.

I apologize if clicking the links to the two picture galleries I provided is too difficult.

Snark won't help. If you were participating in the community and paying attention to how things are done here (instead of just dropping in and asking people to help you), you would understand. There is a reason that photos are preferred, and most people won't bother clicking on links.

Snark won't help. If you were participating in the community and paying attention to how things are done here (instead of just dropping in and asking people to help you), you would understand. There is a reason that photos are preferred, and most people won't bother clicking on links.
I’ve been using forums for the last 10 years, and I formatted my post in the way I best saw fit, instead of inserting 17 photos. To keep things clean, I went with two gallery links. I’m relatively new to this hobby, and don’t have a wide experience with Omega watches, so I find myself in a position where I don’t know what to contribute. I figured this is an Omega forum, this should be a place with a community dedicated to the brand, so some people should have opinions on my particular question. That’s why I asked, not to have a thread derailed into off topic discussion.

Where do you think I got my mullet picture? I expected more than 1 picture in a "gallery" so I clicked to the next image.

Show us what you want to see. Right click the image, copy the address, choose the landscape image at the top of your message box and paste the link.

Where do you think I got my mullet picture? I expected more than 1 picture in a "gallery" so I clicked to the next image.

Show us what you want to see. Right click the image, copy the address, choose the landscape image at the top of your message box and paste the link.
Well, on my end, the links are working perfectly fine. I had no idea they weren’t working for others.

I’ll sort out these images.

Not an easy choice. The big difference is date vs day/date — which do you like better? I don’t know these well enough to comment on the lume/hands. The second dial presents slightly better, to me.

I won’t be able to unsee those mullets until some time has passed….