Bettery drain and leaked

Posts
1
Likes
0
Think twice before buying quartz omega , my quartz omega Bettery drained before pendamic and unable to change Bettery now omega watch work shop says due to Bettery leakage some parts damaged and I have to repair and asking for exorbitant repairs cost
What is use of buying costly watches , if such a world class company not been able to make leak proof batteries, priviously I changed Bettery from there authorised service centre

Thank god I have my mother in laws 80 years old winding Rolex Tudor watch and it’s still working well
 
Posts
1,503
Likes
2,432
Omega doesn’t produce batteries so it’s kind of like blaming Samsung if the batteries leak in their television remote control. In my experience the batteries haven’t leaked until years after they’ve died but I realize others have had different results and humidity and moisture can be a factor.
 
Posts
5,535
Likes
9,470
Well thanks to this thread I am now going to sell my 10+ Omegas and never buy another one. Thanks for the heads-up!
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Think twice before buying quartz omega , my quartz omega Bettery drained before pendamic and unable to change Bettery now omega watch work shop says due to Bettery leakage some parts damaged and I have to repair and asking for exorbitant repairs cost
What is use of buying costly watches , if such a world class company not been able to make leak proof batteries, priviously I changed Bettery from there authorised service centre

Thank god I have my mother in laws 80 years old winding Rolex Tudor watch and it’s still working well

That watch was thrown in a draw when the battery died.

That looks like it needs a thorough service as it’s got dirt (wrist cheese) on the case front lugs. Watches need to be serviced, and it will come back like new after one.

The Tudor needs a service also if it hasn’t had one in years. Take that to Rolex and see how much they quote for a service 😀
 
Posts
30,175
Likes
77,921
What is use of buying costly watches , if such a world class company not been able to make leak proof batteries



PS - there's no such thing as a "leak proof" battery...
 
Posts
428
Likes
1,358
Well, when I see that watch;
Did you hammer nails in the wall with that watch...?
It ain’t no tool.... watch!
Edited:
 
Posts
15,930
Likes
47,825
The smallest problem with that watch is the consequences from the leaked battery. The watch suffers greatly from a different kind of battery, bordering on assault!
 
Posts
996
Likes
807
Think twice before buying quartz omega , my quartz omega Bettery drained before pendamic and unable to change Bettery now omega watch work shop says due to Bettery leakage some parts damaged and I have to repair and asking for exorbitant repairs cost
What is use of buying costly watches , if such a world class company not been able to make leak proof batteries, priviously I changed Bettery from there authorised service centre

Thank god I have my mother in laws 80 years old winding Rolex Tudor watch and it’s still working well
Judging by the pictures I was going to give this a 'like' for 'most neglected watch shown on OF, EVER'.🤨
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
Welcome to Omegaforums, @Neeta! Please let us know how we can help. 👍
 
Posts
498
Likes
248
When the battery is exhausted and can no longer move the pointer, small currents inside it lead to oxidation of the parts and battery leakage. Therefore, if the watch has stopped, it is necessary to either replace the battery with a new one or remove the old one.
 
Posts
70
Likes
235
I’d tend to say “troll”...
Also, does thst paper sheet say Tissot inside the watch depiction on the bottom?
Not very convincing