Best place to sell Vintage 1970 Omega SpeedMaster Apollo Moonwatch

PS. The total sale price you realise will be less than if you had not had it serviced.
Not trying to make you feel bad, just telling it like it is

I wanted to say how impressed with our membership’s responses to what seems an honest request - the baying mob who usually clamour for crucifixion of a low post sales advice request must be busy building ikea furniture without he instructions again.

to the op. As a private seller, you might not be able to maximise value - but that’s to be expected. You have to strike the balance between price, and safety. EBay is no longer really any help, and the risk by some idiot in the verification unit messing it up is high.

chrono24 might be good. I haven’t used it, but others have.

If it came to me, I would replace the hands with the old ones, possibly after some adjustment or restoration. If it were you I would get those hands out and keep them so they can rub against anything or damage further.

I am not sure what he original bracelet is, (an original 1171 maybe?) but if serviceable I would re fit.

the box and papers is a real plus.

What’s the value?

well we have to think about condition/originality/attraction.

condition is very good, originality is ok, attraction is high.

by now you must have a ton of offers - and good luck.

Given my lack of knowledge, I really appreciate those who have taken the time to coach me on what is important to buyers and ideas for where to sell. I was shocked by what happened with ebay. My next task to do is separating the original watch hands from the other returned original parts, taking photos, and storing them separately from the other parts. The only numbers I can find on the original watch bracelet are 2-73. Here are some photos of the original bracelet. Tonight I set up an account on chrono24. Viewing what is available for sale is helping me learn what collectors are looking for.
Original bracelet number.jpg watch band 2.jpg watch band 3.jpg watch band 4.jpg watch band 5.jpg Watch band.jpg

PS. The total sale price you realise will be less than if you had not had it serviced.
Not trying to make you feel bad, just telling it like it is

No worries -- I understand that about the sale price being affected by service. It reminds me of what I've heard about refinishing fine antique furniture. Eventually I believe someone will want the watch in it's maintained condition, and can decide if they want to have original parts reinstalled.

Given my lack of knowledge, I really appreciate those who have taken the time to coach me on what is important to buyers and ideas for where to sell. I was shocked by what happened with ebay. My next task to do is separating the original watch hands from the other returned original parts, taking photos, and storing them separately from the other parts. The only numbers I can find on the original watch bracelet are 2-73. Here are some photos of the original bracelet. Tonight I set up an account on chrono24. Viewing what is available for sale is helping me learn what collectors are looking for.
Original bracelet number.jpg watch band 2.jpg watch band 3.jpg watch band 4.jpg watch band 5.jpg Watch band.jpg

Judging by those pictures that’s an 1175 bracelet with correct Endlinks which also have significant value (although the condition doesn’t appear to be great).

I’d agree that’s it’s worth selling this with the watch and perhaps selling the service bracelet separately.

Judging by those pictures that’s an 1175 bracelet with correct Endlinks which also have significant value (although the condition doesn’t appear to be great).

I’d agree that’s it’s worth selling this with the watch and perhaps selling the service bracelet separately.

Thank you!

+1

All the hands are present,
kind regards Max

Hopefully not too badly damaged from being tossed in with all the other parts. This is why when people say "Oh but they return the hands" I kinda roll my eyes...