Best New BOR Bracelets for Vintage Constellation Pie Pan

Hi all,

I’m seeking a brand new beads of rice bracelet for my pie pan. I know the thing to do is buy a vintage omega beads of rice bracelet, but I have a weird thing about bracelets and don’t really like wearing bracelets that have been worn a lot by others… (I know - I’m weird)

Because of this, I’m seeking a brand new beads of rice bracelet. I’ve found a few online, namely:

- https://forstnerbands.com/products/the-forstner-beads-of-rice
- https://baltic-watches.com/en/products/beads-of-rice

Does anyone have any insight on these products? Or on other new BOR bracelets? I really like the Baltic but have been unable to find any reviews of it.

I really appreciate any insight anyone can provide! Thank you!

The Baltic at least looks close to the real thing.
gatorcpa

Like 1
Hi all,

I’m seeking a brand new beads of rice bracelet for my pie pan. I know the thing to do is buy a vintage omega beads of rice bracelet, but I have a weird thing about bracelets and don’t really like wearing bracelets that have been worn a lot by others… (I know - I’m weird)

Because of this, I’m seeking a brand new beads of rice bracelet. I’ve found a few online, namely:

Does anyone have any insight on these products? Or on other new BOR bracelets? I really like the Baltic but have been unable to find any reviews of it.

One of the unknowns you might have to content with is whether the curved endlinks fit your Constellation. Sometimes the endlink curvature, or position of the springbars, does not allow the BOR bracelet to fit onto the watch. You can check out ebay as well. They have a variety of BOR bracelets with curved and straight ends.

As for concerns about pre-owned bracelets - immersion in hot soapy water, ultrasonic cleaner, and a toothbrush should remove gunk / debris, if you're worried.

Like 3
Omega makes a modern BOR bracelet. Model 3010. It fits watches with an 18mm lug width. You’ll need a pair of 511 or 512 end links (also currently available from Omega) which will likely need to be adjusted by a competent watchmaker to fit properly.

Like 1
One of the unknowns you might have to content with is whether the curved endlinks fit your Constellation. Sometimes the endlink curvature, or position of the springbars, does not allow the BOR bracelet to fit onto the watch. You can check out ebay as well. They have a variety of BOR bracelets with curved and straight ends.

As for concerns about pre-owned bracelets - immersion in hot soapy water, ultrasonic cleaner, and a toothbrush should remove gunk / debris, if you're worried.

Yes the fine tuning, or not, of BOR endlinks can be one of the most frustrating aspects of WISdom

Like 2
There is a thread on Baltic watches and I remember reading that it was very comfortable. Maybe be check it out. Ensuring it fits is important though…

Like 1
The new Forstner BOR looks pretty decent and is comfortable. The only downside is that it has straight end links. Here's my Connie on one.
20220601_135947.jpg 20220601_142219.jpg

Like 3
Don’t the Baltic BOR brackets have solid end links that are designed to fit Baltic cases? I would research this carefully before buying

Like 1
Jus
Don’t the Baltic BOR brackets have solid end links that are designed to fit Baltic cases? I would research this carefully before buying
t checked the

Just checked the Baltic website.

Endlinks are 20mm AND solid. You need 18mm and not solid. So I don’t think that is an option.

Like 1
You can still buy the Omega, reference 3010 with 18-mm #511 ends, this is the modern 5-row BOR.

I have a gold one for sale in the Parts and Accessories section.
Edited:

Like 3
Hi all,

I own three of the BOR and one flat link. For the money, they are incredible.

Like 1
Here are some photos of the modern Omega 3010 BOR on my 1958 Ranchero. I used 512 end links - a perfect fit.
upload_2024-1-8_4-8-25.jpeg
upload_2024-1-8_4-10-47.jpeg
upload_2024-1-8_4-13-27.jpeg

Like 4
Omega makes a modern BOR bracelet. Model 3010. It fits watches with an 18mm lug width. You’ll need a pair of 511 or 512 end links (also currently available from Omega) which will likely need to be adjusted by a competent watchmaker to fit properly.
Yes the fine tuning, or not, of BOR endlinks can be one of the most frustrating aspects of WISdom

I don’t have any experience with these, so I’m curious why this is. Is there a lot of bending required on both top and bottom segments?

I don’t have any experience with these, so I’m curious why this is. Is there a lot of bending required on both top and bottom segments?

IME most of these BOR endlinks never seem to fit as tightly/satisfactorily/snugly as the flat link bracelet end links do. They always need some kind of adjustment and then half the time still leave an unsightly gap ( my pet hate ) between the case and bracelet.

Like 1

Never bend the top, in my (limited) experience. Only the bottom tabs.

Like 1
I own a Jumbo Connie 14395.1.SC and am looking for a Gold or GP beads of rice bracelet. does anyone know what specs I need to look for outside of the 18mm lug width?

You can still buy the Omega, reference 3010 with 18-mm #511 ends, this is the modern 5-row BOR.

I have a gold one for sale in the Pasts and Accessories section.
Will that work with the dog leg cases? I’ve been considering as well for the two I own.

Will that work with the dog leg cases? I’ve been considering as well for the two I own.

Not sure how the 5-row would work on a dog leg as I've only ever seen 7-rows on them.

Just be careful there are tons of counterfeits out there.

Like 1