Recommendations for Hoarded Watch Straps/Bracelets

Posts
259
Likes
377
Hi folks. My elderly father-in-law recently “dumped” on me years and years of his watch parts collections, consisting primarily of mostly brand-new and some used leather straps and metal bracelets (not high quality). I’m talking literally hundreds. Also several used quartz watches. I don’t want them to end up in a landfill, but I am also not setting up a table at flea markets. Any helpful suggestions what to do with them?
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,278
Hi folks. My elderly father-in-law recently “dumped” on me years and years of his watch parts collections, consisting primarily of mostly brand-new and some used leather straps and metal bracelets (not high quality). I’m talking literally hundreds. Also several used quartz watches. I don’t want them to end up in a landfill, but I am also not setting up a table at flea markets. Any helpful suggestions what to do with them?

Sell them on Ebay broken into a few reasonable sized lots.
 
Posts
24,798
Likes
55,079
eBay is a good idea, and also with 200 posts, you can make a thread in the sales forum. If you really want to dump them, you can list them all in one lot, but you won't really be able to show them and you won't get much for them. Someone who likes to flip will take a chance on them.

If you price them modestly, I suspect it won't be hard to sell them in lots of 5-10 to people who can actually use them.
 
Posts
3,268
Likes
23,470
I also ended up with a bunch of random old low quality bracelets and such. I think selling as a lot on eBay is the best bet. I’ll get around to selling mine one day.