Forums Latest Members

Beneath the Shadows... Behind the First... Looks like it's time for... - the Underbidder!

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Apr 19, 2017

My super powers include crying and making the winner have to pay more for his new watch.

Seriously, though. This is just a frustration post. Seems like I've been the underbidder a lot recently on Ebay. :confused:

superhero-costumes-for-men.jpg
    Edited Apr 19, 2017
    Giff2577, NT931, micampe and 4 others like this.
  2. alam Apr 19, 2017

skipping snipes?

3. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Apr 19, 2017

Oh, I snipe. But there's always a counter sniper! ;)

Jwit likes this.
  4. yinzerniner Apr 19, 2017

Quite the positive outlook on what the Underbidder's silhouette would look like. If anything I'm picturing someone resembling the Underminer of Incredibles fame....

[​IMG]

But for real you can take solace that your bids are most likely against shill accounts so the piece you're coveting isn't changing hands.

Modest_Proposal likes this.
  5. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Apr 19, 2017

Don't lose hope. I was the underbidder for what is now my Zenith Defy but the winning bidder's financing fell through and I was next in line. It can happen! ::psy::

6. mr_yossarian Apr 19, 2017

I recently was the outbidder quite offen. Coincidence? :)

Modest_Proposal and Rman like this.
  7. Severin Apr 19, 2017

8. WYO_Watch Apr 19, 2017

I have been in your shoes, but I try to see the positives. For a new collector, like myself, I see it as a compliment when I get out sniped at the end of an auction. Proves to me that I am not the only person who saw value in the watch. :unsure:

I also hate getting bid up by just one person... I prefer a whole herd of bidders taking it to my top price. Couldn't tell you the number of times I paid $200 more for something because a sniper bid at the last second and drove the price up. :mad:

9. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Apr 19, 2017

Once I had a BIN in my cart and @ChicagoFrog got it from me...only happened once, now I don't think, I just buy...

10. Sculler22 Apr 19, 2017

If its what you really want, and it is real (always a big if), bid your best price and sit back. If you lose it, even though it may take some time, another one always seems to become available. This could be the old supply and demand process. When an owner sees a recent sale at an attractive price, it can incent* that owner to put one up for sale at a previously unthought of price.

*Incent was always the proper word until some genius decided that incentivize was more correct.

11. Rman Apr 19, 2017

I'll try.

The man's lack of an avatar incent'ced the Underbidder.