Forums Latest Members

SOLD BEAUTIFUL HEUER PRE-CARRERA 404 "BIG EYES" VALJOUX 23

1. bernarddevos Feb 16, 2020

Hi guys,
    I am offering this really beautiful Heuer pre-Carrera ref. 404 aka "BIG EYES".
    This reference was introduced in 1959 and ran until 1963 when the Carrera model was released.
    They don't often come up for sale. So if your fall for that beautiful creamy dial with big eyes this is your chance.

Eggshell dial is in very nice condition with some markings but overall still very good for a watch of this age.
    Luminous material of both hands and triangle shaped indices is original and turned in the most beautiful light brown color.
    Superb dauphine hands with thin luminous inserts.
    And without any doubt the best of all are these magnificent big subdials.

Stainless steel case is unpolished with a couple of minor nicks.
    The super tiny pushers and unsigned crown are original. ( a lot of these 404's come with non-original crowns )
    Correct polygonal case-back, signed "Ed Heuer" inside.

Model: Heuer pre-Carrera 404
    Year: 1959 - 1963
    Serial number: 31415 ( between the lugs )
    Size: 34,5mm
    Lug width: 18mm
    Movement: Valjoux 23

Movement and chrono are running perfectly. Very strong power reserve.
    The watch was completely checked and adjusted by my watchmaker and comes with a 12 month guarantee.

Ok that's it. Please do some research on this reference first in case you would be interested. You'll see it's a pretty rare watch. I consider my price to be very competitive. And it's a watch I wouldn't mind keeping in my personal collection. So please don't send me lowball offers. It's an absolutely gorgeous watch which offers loads of potential. And you don't only get the looks but a lot of history and a great movement as well.

Price: 2950 euros ( fully insured shipping and the strap from the pictures included )

Payment: Bank transfer preffered or PayPal if you add 4% to cover my fees.

( Of course I give a full refund in case of any issue )

Kindest regards,
    Bernard

fullsizeoutput_3330.jpeg fullsizeoutput_332f.jpeg DSC_0372.JPG fullsizeoutput_332a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3328.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3329.jpeg fullsizeoutput_332d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_332e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_331a.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3318.jpeg fullsizeoutput_332c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3322.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3321.jpeg fullsizeoutput_3320.jpeg fullsizeoutput_332b.jpeg

2. bernarddevos Feb 20, 2020

Sold now.
    Thanks @sgtpry and OF.

Edited Feb 20, 2020
    sgtpry likes this.