Forums Latest Members

SOLD Beautiful 1953 Two-Tone Waffle Dial Seamaster 2767 Bumper in Steel

1. seekingseaquest Nov 16, 2019

For sale or trade is an absolutely stunning waffle dial 2767 reference bumper dating to 1953. The two-tone waffle dial is pristine - I don't see a mark on it, and the radium has aged beautifully. The case is also in nice condition, unpolished or close to it with sharp bevels on the bezel and lugs, although the Seamaster text on the case back is faint. The movement is clean and runs, winds, and sets well, but service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to regular use.

Additional details are below, and feel free to reach out with any questions.

IMG_E9773.JPG

Dial: Original, non-refinished, waffle dial is in very nice condition - I don't see a mark on it. The texture on the dial is two-tone with a matte finish in center and more glossy finish around the edge. Markers and hands are in nice condition, with radium fully intact and with a nice, consistent color. "Swiss Made" text is present below the 6 marker as expected.

Case: Original 34.5mm 2767-1 reference case is in very nice condition, unpolished or at least very close to it. Bevels on the bezel and lugs are very sharp, although the “Seamaster" text on the case back is worn/polished down. There are no significant scratches or dings on the case.

Crown: Original signed crown.

Crystal: Crystal is unsigned with a small crack at 6 and some scratches at 10 that should buff out.

Movement: Original 354 caliber bumper movement is clean and runs, winds, and sets well, but service history is unknown so a service is recommended prior to regular use. Serial number dates the watch to 1953.

Strap: Comes on the 18mm generic black leather strap with steel buckle pictured in some of the photos. This watch also looks great on a beads of rice bracelet which is available for extra cost (PM me as I have a couple Omega BORs available).

Price is $1,400. Open to trades for non-radium 50s or early 60s Seamasters, Constellations, Geneves, Conquests, and Flagships (see my WTB/WTT here). I'll cover insured US shipping, international shipping is available but to be discussed with buyer. PayPal preferred for payment. OF seller reviews are here. Returns are accepted if watch is grossly misrepresented. Watch is located in Seattle, WA, USA.

IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_3041.JPG IMG_3044.JPG IMG_3052.JPG IMG_8761.JPG IMG_2631.JPG IMG_2627.JPG IMG_2628.JPG IMG_2629.JPG IMG_2630.JPG IMG_3095.JPG IMG_8666.JPG IMG_8669.JPG IMG_8668.JPG

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Nov 17, 2019

Gorgeous dial, glwts.:thumbsup:

Syrte likes this.
  3. seekingseaquest Nov 22, 2019

Bump

4. seekingseaquest Nov 28, 2019

Bump for this beauty:
    IMG_0566.JPG

Applepie, Cuttysark, Dug and 3 others like this.
  5. kpaxsg Oct 5, 2021

Nice!