Forums Latest Members
  1. jdm_si Feb 7, 2017

Hey Omega fans

I thought I start this thread off due to all the incoming Basel World news and rumours.

If you have any information or just want to post your thoughts regarding Basel World 2017 drop a post:

Here's the Watchbase article: http://watchbase.com/blog/2017/01/11/2017-omega-speedmaster-50th-anniversary-whats-in-store

If you click the reference numbers you will see a mock up of the 60th Anniversary Speedy. I don't think this is right though as I was told by the boutique manager in Omega Manchester that the 1957 LE Speedy's have a panda dial. The 180 LE Speedy's are in a precious metal.

If you speak to your local Omega boutiques you can ask them as apparently they have seen the watches on an internal newsletter.

Edited Feb 7, 2017
    Dale Vito likes this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Feb 7, 2017

3. Dale Vito Feb 8, 2017

I hope this is true, as the mock-up I did based on the info I gathered would probably be gorgeous, but a bit too predictable. In any case, I will stay on top of it and update the entries as soon as info presents itself.[/QUOTE]

4. Donn Chambers Feb 8, 2017

The most interesting part of this rumor, IMO, is that if it is true, the watch will come on a bracelet. But it will use the smaller case from the FOIS with 19mm lug spacing. So, what bracelet will they use? The one from the Speedmaster Racing line? An 1171? Or a new one with a more vintage look (similar to the new 1957 Auto Speedmaster and 300)? I hope the latter AND I hope one can buy the bracelet as a replacement part for the FOIS. That would be sweet.

zimonyig likes this.
  5. w.finkenstaedt Feb 8, 2017

If the watch has a bracelet and is 19mm between the lugs, expect a new bracelet. And expect to be able to buy it. The only time Omega limits parts like straps and bracelets is if they have 007 on them, as they're only allowed to use the 007 logo in cooperation with the Bond franchise's permission.