Forums Latest Members

C'mon! No Baselworld 2017 Omega leaks?

1. M'Bob Jan 30, 2017

I have a bruise on my upper thigh, my wallet is rattling so hard for a watch purchase. Should I submit to a fleeting endorphin release and make a stop-gap purchase, or patiently wait for the new releases? Anybody out there, wearing a trench coat and fedora tipped carefully over one brow, ready to spill some secrets on the condition of anonymity?

2. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Jan 30, 2017

No! Wait patiently M'Bob. Better you make a purchase driven by love, than to settle for a 'Horological knee trembler'! Just swap that wallet over to your arse pocket for now.:rolleyes:

Omegamania321, Greatpa and M'Bob like this.
  3. Alex_TA Jan 30, 2017

I smell the new PSOM - Pink Side of the Man, sorry, Moon.

speedy4ever, Nitzbar, Linzer and 2 others like this.
  4. ctime3 Jan 30, 2017

Last year it was the year of the speedmaster and I assumed this year would be the seamaster. But it seems it is com,ing back to the speedmaster.

5. Riviera Paradise Jan 30, 2017

I heard the latest rumor from Bienne is that the Purple Side Of the Moon might actually come out first @Alex_TA.

This will be a LHD LE in purple ceramic, simultaneously commemorating the 50th anniversary of LittleWing's "moonbeams and fairy tales" (that's the moonwatch reference BTW) and Purple Haze.:p:D

River and Alex_TA like this.
  6. Riviera Paradise Jan 30, 2017

I actually thought that last year was very much the year of the Planet Ocean, which I suppose did make sense taking into account Omega's Olympic association and brand ambassadors in the swimming events.

From what we saw at SIHH brands such as JLC are clearly entering Omega's new desired territory between US$5K-US$10K for SS watches, so hopefully Omega will be thinking about offering more bang for the buck for Basel 2017:)

Bushido likes this.
  7. Cosd Jan 30, 2017

I've heard that Omega's 15000 gauss will be taken to greater heights.....40 and 60,000 planned.
    Just not sure if they will be this year.

8. Bushido Jan 30, 2017

Omega finally targeting the much ignored demographic of men and women moving to Chernobyl in order to combat giant radioactive spiders?

What we've seen from Omega so far this year is the surprise Speedy Tuesday LE along with the orange accented Speedy. This along with the 60th anniversary has me thinking they will be coming out strong with Speedmaster iterations and updates.

9. abrod520 Jan 30, 2017

Last year was most certainly the year of the Seamaster, with the PO Deep Black range being the main focus of their Baselworld presentation. It being the 60th anniversary of the Speedmaster this year though, I doubt the Seamaster will get another update.

Omega is currently pushing the moonphase Speedmaster on their website and their social media feeds, with 60th anniversary messaging. I think that might be the focus of their Speedmaster lines this year

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 30, 2017

If they where not planning a Speedy, I bet that after the Speedy Tuesday sold out in less then 8 hours they are now.

11. EatMan Jan 30, 2017

Railmaster as the new entry level automatic (compete with Air King, Explorer, and OP) and AT update, with some design tweaks and METAS.

12. JeremyS Jan 30, 2017

It's been ages since Omega did anything with the integrated-bracelet version of the 8500 caliber 38.5mm Constellation. I think they added a few new dial options a couple years ago, but that's about it. Perhaps it will work it's way to a Master Coaxial or a Master Chronometer. Also, there's been a trend towards ceramic and hard metal bezels, so perhaps we will see the Constellation get something along those lines. If this model is such a hot seller in Asia, it would make sense to update the watch to keep it relevant. On the other hand, perhaps sales have died-down. The Aqua Terra line could do with some consolidation. As others have noted, there's really no need to have "15,000 Gauss" and "Master CoAxial" Aqua Terra's floating around when they refer to the exact same thing. I think it's possible Omega might update the Aqua Terra to Master Chronometers, but they just released the Master CoAxial versions in 2014 I think. Too many lines, too many versions and too quick of a refresh cycle really kill the value of Omega watches (I still like the brand--just my opinion).

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  13. Phil h Punxatawnee Phil - now out of the shadows. Jan 30, 2017

I don't think the deep black models were shown at Basel, the 'regular' POs were showcased.

14. jimmyd13 Jan 30, 2017

duc, Kreindog24 and hkrauss like this.
  15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 30, 2017

With all this rumor spreading and fake news coming out, it is getting out of control.
    People hear a few snippets of information and build a false narrative.

First Facts

There is no Pink Side of the moon edition
    There is no Purple Side of the moon edition
    There is no 60000 gauss

I have a little more access due my position and will give you one clarification
    The other LE Speedmaster coming out at Basel is the 60th Anniversary Pink Floyd Side of the Moon
    This is an unaccredited photo by our OF operative in Bienne, sq7
    anni_back.jpg

jose75, blubarb, kov and 11 others like this.
  16. guelerct Jan 30, 2017

Perhaps they will launch the long awaited smart watch integration.
    Tag and Breitling certainly hit it out of the park last year with those.

17. kilofinal Jan 30, 2017

I hope there's something released in 2017 to commemorate Gene Cernan's "last man on the moon". The story of "snoopy" spinning out of control above the moon was riveting.

alohatime and Riviera Paradise like this.
  18. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Jan 30, 2017

Pffft! It's not even aligned properly.

blubarb and Jhh834 like this.
  19. jzzmusician Jan 30, 2017

I attended one of their concerts when Dark Side of the Moon was released.
    I mostly remember it.

As wacky as it seems, I'd buy one in spite of all the flack I would take from a couple of my watch snob friends.

ctime3 likes this.
  20. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 30, 2017

All camera optics ::bleh::

oddboy likes this.