Forums Latest Members
  1. pongster Jan 30, 2021

I helped a friend of mine get a BP FF Barakuda with the Caliber 1151 movement.

when on the wrist, seems to be OK. But sometimes i do notice it stopping. And then with a flick of a wrist, starts again

but when on winder or at rest, it stops about 15 to 20 mins after. But after you shake it, it starts again.

no BP ASC locally so am still figuring out how to help him.

bought BNIB from grey last year. So maybe it just sat since 2019. Could that cause any problem?

what could be wrong with this? I already tried winding manually. To me it appears that the mainspring does wind. Since it continues to start when shaken a b. Until it stops again after 15 mins. So there appears to be some power reserve

2. SkunkPrince Jan 30, 2021

Use the grey warranty or pay to have it serviced. Might be something loose inside.

3. pongster Jan 30, 2021

Thanks.

My main problems are:

Grey is in another country. Another continent in fact.

No ASC locally. Nearest is Singapore or Hong Kong.

so either watch is shipped out OR we have a local watchmaker take a look (at risk of voiding the warranty).

4. asrnj77 Jan 30, 2021

This is in an interesting situation since the model was limited and has a clear manufacturing timeline. I’m wondering whether a Blancpain boutique would even require a warranty card? If there is one anywhere near you I would bring it in and explain that you can’t locate the card but clearly the watch is still under warranty. It’s worth a shot

5. pongster Jan 30, 2021

I have the warranty card.

the problem is there is no BP service center in our country, Philippines. There used to be. But not anymore. Nearest is Singapore or Hong Kong.

Grey dealer based in Poland.