Bad Day On The Dark Side Of The Moon

Painful lesson to have to learn. I am curious as to how high and what it hit.... That was a massive strike! Have never seen a lug pop off that easy, bend yes but break.....

Like 1
Painful lesson to have to learn. I am curious as to how high and what it hit.... That was a massive strike! Have never seen a lug pop off that easy, bend yes but break.....

Ceramic doesn't bend. Very hard but very brittle. Break is pretty much all it can do.

I wasn't blaming the clasp, but instead I've always felt the the most likely time to have one fall is when trying to fasten a tang buckle. If it had a deployant clasp, that fear is eliminated.
I had my watches fallen when trying to fasten a tang buckle a number of times (clumsy me), buckle will sure help. But I think in this case it is more than likely the accident happened when the owner is trying to changed the strap (old strap off already) as if the strap is still on the lug will be cushioned...

im definately not a hater, I absolutely a lover of the dsotm and Omega watches, I currently own 4 times more Omegas than any other brand and that is unlikely to change ... though increasingly vintage is my focus.
I wonder though why replacing a midcase would cost 70% of the retail value of the watch...
Speaks to the staggeringly profiteering nature of the Swatch group, which I find appalling...
1k, no problemo, perhaps even 2k, but 7k is prepostorous
Lucky they have the douchemont group as their wing man is this regard, otherwise they might look like Trophy winning a-holes instead of just 'meritorious effort' ribbon winners.

Funny how this is the only picture that keeps popping up as a scare tactic. We do not even know the story behind this pic lol. I love how this pic along with the one IWC and 1 Panerai keeps popping up with the millions of ceramics sold. Yes I do agree that metal is more forgiving but I think the ceramic breakage is getting blown way out of proportion as it is pretty rare to be honest but it surely makes the skeptics feel good about not purchasing such a beautiful watch. If mine breaks I will eat my words but I am far, far more concerned about theft and that why I insure all of mine. Omega is releasing so many Ceramic cases now I bet the replacement cost will go down for all those 1000s of people that will break theirs and don't have insurance lol. (sarcasm)
Edited:

Yes I do agree that metal is more forgiving but I think the ceramic breakage is getting blown way out of proportion as it is pretty rare to be honest but it surely makes the haters feel good about not purchasing such a beautiful watch.

Your continued use of the word "haters" to describe anyone who has a concern over the material used in this watch is a bit much.

Your continued use of the word "haters" to describe anyone who has a concern over the material used in this watch is a bit much.
Ok lets replace hater with skeptics.