Forums Latest Members

Awesome service from Longines

1. cristos71 Dec 1, 2020

So I've had this WWW Longines for years, I bought it at a watch fair here in NL in 2010 straight out of the watch box of a guy who was doing the rounds of the dealers trying to sell off a part of his collection. Ah the good old days, as IIRC it was a great deal too :)

Anyway since then I have been meaning to use the Longines service for obtaining production info and an Extract and today was the day I finally got around to doing just that :whistling: Having used the Omega service on many occasions I was expecting a very long wait of weeks before they got back to me, well to say I was amazed when I received an email and all the info requested from them only 1.5 hours after my first contact email would be an understatement!

First class service service indeed, thanks Longines :thumbsup:

2020-12-01 14.04.56.jpg

Edited Dec 1, 2020
    S.H., Mark020, omegastar and 16 others like this.
  2. SkunkPrince Dec 1, 2020

Omega used to do that too, though it might take overnight. Now that they print and mail certificates, they of course charge for it.

3. JwRosenthal Dec 1, 2020

I had the same experience- personal correspondence with a live person, next day service of a digital extract, paper extract on letterhead two weeks following- absolutely free!
    When people ask me what “vintage style” watch to buy, my first recommendation is Longines Heritage- not just because they are stunning, but because my single experience with their archives was so pleasant. A little free customer service like this goes a long way.

Mark020, Zapatta and cristos71 like this.
  4. Rumar89 Dec 1, 2020

Uhh, *%€#, that’s a good looking Greenlander. DIBS.

Longines’ heritage department is the best in the business. Large part of why I collect the brand.

cristos71 likes this.
  5. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Dec 1, 2020

Exceptional service to match the watches. What a gorgeous example!

cristos71 likes this.