Forums Latest Members
  1. Happy Jun 28, 2020

finally managed to get in to my local AD today.
    I went in to buy a couple of spring bars for my PO 8500 I bought a couple of months ago. It came on the rubber with deployment clasp but also had the bracelet.

I purchased the tool to remove the bracelet but couldn't get one of the spring bars out so I couldn't swap the bracelet over, hence the reason for needing more spring bars. Plus I knew I needed a link removing from the bracelet which I wasn't prepared to try as I have not done this before and didn't want to scratch the bracelet.

So I went in asking to buy a couple of bars and explained why I wanted them, the sales guy asked me if I had all the bits with me and did I want him to sort it for me whilst I was there. He offered to sort it straight away without me having to ask. Swapped the rubber for the bracelet and then took a link out for me, didn't charge me for the spring bars or anything!!

Thought it was great service especially as the watch was bought originally from a different retailer..
    20200628_181019.jpg 20200628_180915.jpg

munichblue, jklim, ras47 and 6 others like this.
  2. scapa Jun 28, 2020

Good to hear a positive story, especially when the watch was bought elsewhere. I've bought a few pieces from local ADs and the service and extras (goodwill pricing, freebies, extended warranty, etc.) have been excellent across the board.

It doesn't always make sense to buy there, but for some pieces it's definitely worth it, especially if pricing is good (or good enough).

Happy likes this.
  3. Meme-Dweller Jun 28, 2020

Omega service outside of selling you a new watch is the best in the market.

dinexus, Lilcombs3 and Happy like this.
  4. Happy Jun 28, 2020

Not sure what I'd have said if he had asked where it was purchased from. When the warranty card said Goldsmiths on it!!

5. Happy Jun 28, 2020

Was very impressed

6. ras47 Jun 29, 2020

Great to hear. and the polar opposite of what folks experience at Rolex Boutiques. I've always gotten this kind of service at the Omega Boutique at Short Hills in NJ. A pleasure to go back.

Happy likes this.
  7. PRW Jun 30, 2020

As many of you probably know, I treated my self to a brand new SMP 300 at the weekend and absolutely love it! Can't believe how much I've missed having one. Anyway back to this thread, after negotiating a deal I was happy with at the AD, the proprietor said he would advertise my PO on their website, which has links to all the major buying and selling platforms for no fee or commission. Fantastic!

Happy likes this.
  8. wolfe44 Jun 30, 2020

My local ob was similarly helpful. Very good service indeed

PRW likes this.
  9. Happy Jun 30, 2020

Now that is good service, also no fee!!

PRW likes this.
  10. Happy Jun 30, 2020

Just like the way I didn't have to ask like I was begging for something, he just offered.
    I have been in quite a few times so I think the staff are starting to recognise me....

Although I haven't bought from them yet, my next watch will definitely be from them!!

ras47, Capt Cave Man and PRW like this.