Authentic Cartier with no serial number?

I have been trying to find a vintage yellow-gold Cartier mini-baignoire for my wife.

I came across the following piece on Chrono24 which clearly does not have a serial number on the back of the case (see photo below). In addition, the original papers are not available. The year of production was 1995. I haven't come across any other Cartier baignoire without a serial number on the back. In all other regards the watch seem legitimate, at least to my untrained eye (the word "Cartier" printed in the X numeral on the face etc).

The watch is being sold directly by Chrono24 and comes with a certificate of authenticity (from Chrono24 themselves? I'm not yet sure) and has been verified as authentic by the watchmakers. They seem to take authenticity very seriously, and offer a guarantee and refund if any issues post-delivery (i.e. I could purchase and have verified by Cartier in store).

I am currently awaiting a better explanation from Chrono24 of how this piece can be authentic without a serial number, but can anyone on this forum shed some light on whether this is possible? I am a beginner in this field.

upload_2022-11-4_18-18-1.png
upload_2022-11-4_18-18-44.png