Forums Latest Members

Warranty Card - No Serial Number

1. billwhite75 Sep 10, 2019

So I am still proofing my new watch. I bought it from The Luxury Well. The ad said it would be covered under warranty. My Intl Warranty card and Pictogram are shown in the pic. Is this unusual? Why is there no serial number on the Warranty Card? What is 20110? Is it taboo to share serial numbers?

Thanks

IMG_20190910_143622.jpg
  2. Evitzee Sep 10, 2019

Some Omega's come with blank warranty cards and they are filled in with permanent style pen by the dealer when they get them, or at time of sale. Your watch came from an AD originally and The Luxury Well says their watches come with manufacturers warranty so your warranty looks valid. To be kosher you should fill in the Ref number, serial number and the date you received it. Then if anything goes wrong you are covered.

I'm not sure what that code number means ....

3. 8100_RPM Sep 10, 2019

20110 is the country code for the United States.

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  4. lindo Sep 10, 2019

That would worry me. I just checked the Warranty Card for the new Speedmaster I bought recently and the watch number is clearly printed on, with the reference number and dealer's name, with the date inscribed on a special panel - as you would expect.
    Th lack of them on your card has to mean something - is it perhaps a grey market watch? I would take it back.

5. Meme-Dweller Sep 10, 2019

TLW is not an Authorized Dealer and Govberg probably pushes stuff out the back door (I've seen a lot of their pre-owned watches come with unfilled Govberg warranty cards). You could technically fill out the warranty card yourself and Omega won't argue with you.

6. billwhite75 Sep 10, 2019

So basically it is a legit watch, just grey market with a unfilled warranty card.

7. Evitzee Sep 10, 2019

It's not a huge red flag, but of course it's a grey market watch once it's out of the AD channel. I've purchased several Omegas from ADs in the last couple of years.....a CK2998 in Aruba and a ceramic Moonphase Speedmaster from a well known AD in Dallas, BOTH had the reference number and serial number hand written on the red card at time of sale, along with the date. The stores name was pre-printed on the warranty card just as the OP's pic showed. I've also had Omegas where the reference number and serial number was preprinted. Maybe Omega is changing their methods, it does seem a bit odd to issue a warranty card that is blank, to be filled in by the dealer, or someone else, sometime down the road. But Omega has issued blank warranty cards as standard procedure.

What the OP doesn't know is did the watch originally come from Govberg, or even the USA? That pictogram card looks older and doesn't match the the blank warranty card in color or current style. Looks like a mismatch. And I notice on the Pictogram card that the Operating Instruction edition to be used is: 15. We are up to manual edition 22 now, so this would be a pretty old card. If it belongs with this watch it would make the watch quite old. Just something to consider. This is the problem with grey market watches.....mismatched and cobbled together documentation.

Edited Sep 10, 2019
  8. 8100_RPM Sep 10, 2019

It all depends on where you purchase your watch from. In the U.S., watches purchased from Omega Boutiques will usually have the serial number and reference number printed on the card. Omega watches purchased from authorized dealers in the U.S. usually have the model and serial numbers hand written on the warranty cards.

9. Evitzee Sep 10, 2019

Logical thought, but why does my Speedmaster bought from a Dallas AD in March 2018, with their store preprinted on the warranty card, have the code 20150?

10. billwhite75 Sep 11, 2019

Evitzee, I noticed the manual edition thing too. The box it came in said manufacture date of 2016. Would that make the 15th edition make sense? I assume it is unsold excess inventory, although it is the exact watch I wanted.

11. Evitzee Sep 11, 2019

You mean the brown cardboard box? You don't know if that box is the one for that watch so I wouldn't conclude that tells anything about the age of the watch. If the watch is in good condition, works properly, and you got it at a good price, and it is what you want, just enjoy it.

Millenary Watches likes this.
  12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 11, 2019

@Evitzee its an older movement, with a new issues blank warranty card. It’s not the watch shipped with a warranty card but they just took a new fresh blank warranty card from store stock. I’ve seen it before.

13. billwhite75 Sep 11, 2019

What do mean older movement? When was it changed?

14. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 11, 2019

It’s been around for 3-4 years. Just means it could have sat in dealer stock for awhile before sale.

WatchShopping likes this.
  15. nordwulf Sep 11, 2019

I bought my PO from an AD and same thing with the warranty card with only the dealer name on it. Dealer told me they have a record of the sale with them and Omega. I wanted to be sure and requested an official invoice with the serial number of the watch. No problem, they were happy to supply one. Also good to have when you want to sell it within the warranty period. Anyone can write the numbers on a blank warranty card you can buy online.

Foo2rama likes this.
  16. larryganz The cable guy Sep 12, 2019

I had to fill out the warranty card from a watch I bought at Jared before the OB would take the watch and card for a warranty repair, using the receipt that Jared faxed over to the OB. It was a PITA to track down the receipt.