AT Day Date V AT Small Seconds

Hey all,

thoughts on the AT Day Date V AT Small Seconds?
Hey dude, I don't understand your question, are you insecure which one to choose from? I personally would go for the small seconds one
have a nice day.

I don’t see it as insecure; more… deliberate. It’s the same as the distinction between decisive and impulsive. This isn’t emergency surgery or active combat: there’s nothing wrong with taking a long time to mull many options before spending $$$$ on a luxury watch.

That said, folks here might benefit from seeing pics of the two (or more?) specific dials you’re considering.

Aesthetically I prefer the small seconds, I think, but practically the day date brings more to the wrist. It really comes down to specific examples. Also could matter (to me) whether one or both is a Master Chrono.

Like 1
Small seconds for me. DD is to thick for my tastes and is too closely associated with Rolex.

The Day Date AT is indeed a bit less than a mm thicker than the small seconds. Neither is ungainly thick, I don’t think.

No doubt Rolex is the king when it comes to an iconic Day Date watch, and it’s inconceivable that Omega didn’t have that design in mind when creating the AT with its vaulted day display at the top. Still, within the narrow “orchard” of DD watches—apples and oranges here. The classic Rolex design is totally gorgeous but much dressier, only made in precious metal, and—in its classical proportions—smaller, at 36mm. (The larger ones are far less attractive, I think.) Amazing watches (I had the pleasure of owning one for a short time), but a totally different niche and price point. The AT one is sportier—available on rubber, even, larger, steel (at least most variants are), and far less expensive. Not the same vibe.

I dare say, owning one of each of those Day Dates would be a damn fine two-watch collection!

Some pictures for comparison would be nice.

Too bad the OP got booted I had some good advice.::stirthepot::

Too bad the OP got booted I had some good advice.::stirthepot::
That was fast. Thread even got shut down too looks like.

Like 1