Forums Latest Members
  1. Bimmerman77 Jun 18, 2020

Hey everyone. Hoping to get some insight on this. So I purchased a new AT 8900 from my AD two weeks ago. Whenever I hack it and push the crown back in, the minute hand moves slightly ahead. Never had this happen in a watch before. Anyone else seen this happen? Thinking it may be due to tight tolerances in the handset but any help would be appreciated as always.

2. AntonisCy Jun 18, 2020

I have seen that happen in many automatic movements. When you are pushing the crown back in it might not be a straight push down. Maybe the crown moves a little bit to the side and so does the hand.

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  3. slickster514 Jun 18, 2020

Sounds like setting accuracies may be challenging if it acts like this. Does the AD have any options on this?

4. Bimmerman77 Jun 18, 2020

The only one I’ve had this happen to is my other AT lol. No matter how straight I push it the minute hand still moves. Not on my other omegas or Rolex though. Strange

5. Bimmerman77 Jun 18, 2020

No what I do now is set the minute hand half a minute behind then push the crown in. Then it hits the marker once it jumps

6. gpssti4 Jun 19, 2020

Have you tried pulling the crown out moving the hands to 5 minutes ahead and then winding it back to the correct time before pushing the crown in? It works for me on some of my cheap beater watches.

Bimmerman77 likes this.
  7. Bimmerman77 Jun 19, 2020

Yessir I’ve tried going past then back and also forward and back. Still jumps. It’s no biggie and something I can live with. It’s just after owning omegas for twenty years, I’ve only seen this on my two 8900 AT’s

8. Bugbait Jun 19, 2020

It's just gear slack. I guess the amount varies by movement. I don't really notice it on my Omega 9904 but it was definitely there on my 3603.

wsfarrell and Bimmerman77 like this.
  9. Bimmerman77 Jun 19, 2020

It’s just more of an annoyance than anything. Meh, l can live with it. Thanks for your response!

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 19, 2020

Is it slack or is it changing the time?

I have watches that move forward a bit due to slack then the movement catches up.

11. BlackDread May 24, 2021

Hi recently my AT8900 minute hand also started jumping when i push in my crown. So dod you get it fixed? I rmb it did not jump last time.

12. Alfista88 May 25, 2021

This happens on both of my 8900-caliber Omega watches. A Globermaster, and a 43.5 PO.

It's very inconsistent. Sometimes the slack is half a minute, other times a full minute. Other times no-jump at all, when pushing down the crown. Makes for some trial + error each time I need to set the watch, if I want the minute hand perfectly lined up. Makes me glad there's a jumping hour for, so this isn't a bother when we're changing timezones when traveling.

Both of my 8900 caliber movements are incredibly accurate, so I'm fortunate the only times I need to do set the time on these watches are when I've let the power reserve run down.